Progress - completed P90X

Options
hamncheese67
hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
Though my overall journey to lose weight and get fit is in progress, I did complete P90X which was something I did not think I would have done 6 months ago. Here's the before and after. I started on July 4.

P90X_Before_After.jpg

I am 5'9" and 44 years old. My before weight was 198 lb and after weight is 177 lb.

One reason why I didn't think I could do P90X was that 6 months ago I was close to 220 lbs. Here's a picture of me on April 9 at a pie eating contest at the Great American Pie Festival probably at around 218 lbs. I actually started Power 90 (the precursor to P90X) earlier that week to get some regular exercise in, and then to help with tracking calories and watching what I eat, I joined MFP on April 24.

fat.jpg

If anyone was doing the math, I did not do P90X in the 90 days. It took me 106 days because I missed a couple of weeks from getting the shingles (see below) and a couple days from camping.

shingles.jpg

That was painful and weakened me. It happened around Day 38 of P90X and I thought about restarting from Day 1 but decided to restart with Day 36 a couple of weeks later. While I stuck with the exercise program in P90X, I did not strictly follow their nutrition plan nor did I use their supplements. I just made sure to have a calorie deficit.

Replies

• Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    wow i can really see a difference you have done great!!! way to go!!
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Wow! Good job! Keep up your hard work!
  • Elixandra
    Elixandra Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Awesome job and wonderful results! This is something I needed to see. Im getting my p90x sometime this week. :)
  • Salpica
    Salpica Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Congrats and you look amazing!

BTW I feel for you about the shingles. I actually got them in elementary school and it's a terrible memory!
  • energy4life
    Options
    Fantastic! You are awesome for making it through you journey of accomplishments! Congrats. you look great! Go muscle man :smile:
  • scubacat
    scubacat Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    You look really great! Way to go!
  • butler879
    butler879 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Good work man!
  • flabwillbefab
    Options
    wow!! well done!!!!!
  • Monanik
    Monanik Posts: 150
    Options
    Awesome job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!