Tea recommendations?

Options
2»

Replies

• skinnypigeon
    skinnypigeon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have fallen in love with Teavana. If they don't have a store near you, you can access them online. It's loose leaf tea w/ all kinds of varieties. Super yummy. My favorite winter one is a chai mix that feels like I'm getting a treat.

Me too! with some stevia it is wonderful, can't get enough I think its a white chai blend.YUM!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I like Liption's Green Tea with Mixed Berry. It tastes good without any added sweeteners.

If you generally don't like tea, you might like Black Chai. It is spicy.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention, Starbucks has a Passion Tea that's really good unsweetened.
  • kappyd
    kappyd Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mkwongh
    mkwongh Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Ohh I love tea!!! Right now I am drinking chai,
    For that sweet fix..... chocolate chai!!! My favorite!!
  • appleseeds
    appleseeds Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    http://t2tea.com/

Any of the vanilla teas from this website, or the Melbourne breakfast of the Madagascan something. I used to hate tea. Now Iḿ obsessed.
  • steph_smiles
    steph_smiles Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Republic of tea is a great start. If you are not a tea lover I don't think I would start with a loose tea. You have to get a lot of stuff. Although it's the best. (If you go there, I highly... HIGHLY recommend inginuitea maker).

Republic of Tea has a bunch of great flavored green teas and black tea. My favorite is Blackberry Sage, Vanilla Almond, Ginger peach in black tea and Pomegranate, Blueberry, Wildberry plum green tea.

(I have a TON of tea, I only drink tea. If you want, I would be more than happy to toss a few bags of different flavors in the mail to you.)

~Steph
  • purpadillo
    purpadillo Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    We drink a cup of hot tea every night during the winter. I personally despise the roobios/red "teas" (not really teas but herbs). They make me want to vomit and I am the least picky person on earth when it comes to food. I tend to prefer the fruit black and green teas. As other people have mentioned Republic of Tea makes awesome tea. I'm a huge fan of their Ginger Peach and I've recently fallen in love with their coconut white tea. I would definitely recommend buying a variety pack.
  • SWilland
    SWilland Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Good Earth Original Sweet & Spicy is sooo nice on cold days. It's already sweet, so no need to add any sweetener. :]

This tea is AWESOME! It is sweet and the spices make me think of fall and the holiday season :)

Constant Comment is also good. Has a good orange citrus taste.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    stash_662236.jpg
  • wamaverick
    wamaverick Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yogi Mayan Cocoa Spice with a splash of milk in it. Its a super alternative to hot cocoa.

I also like Yogi Green Blueberry Slim tea, Earl Gray, Republic of tea Good Hope Vanilla Red Tea,

My absolute favorite tea hot or cold is Tazo Refresh its a mint tea that is great hot or cold with or without sweetner.

One tidbit of advice that i haven't seen is experiment with how you brew it. I always assumed I'd like a strongly brewed tea, and I actually prefer them to be under brewed. So you may not like one tea brewed to the time on the box but might like it under or over brewed.

Try ordering tea the restaurant, they usually bring out a larger selection of them to pick from.

Buy several different kinds of tea, if you don't like it take it to work to get rid of it. I wasn't a tea drinker but I've developed taste buds for some teas. I wish you luck in teas.
  • Gottastop
    Gottastop Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I agree Yogi's Sweet Chili pepper tea does warm you up.
    Also I like decaf teas the best. Celestial Seasonings has a tension tamer that is my fav & a new Honey Vanilla Chamomile (I've already gone through 2 boxes!)
    Celestial Seasonings & Bigelow has a few tea sampler boxes out there so you can try a few. I don't like Celestial Seasonings peppermint, but Love Bigelow's Mint Medley & Earl Grey.
    Celestial Seasonings also makes a Gingerbread tea for the holiday season that's good.

When i do sweeten my teas I have found that Splenda changes the flavor of some of them; so you might also want to try different sweeteners.
    I love peppermint tea. Stevia is a natural sweetener - not artificial - w/o calories. I also love apple cinnamon, cranberry apple and Yogi's Sweet Chili Pepper tea. The last one is very good for warming up!
  • demelza123
    demelza123 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am the biggest tea drinker there is (maybe cause I am a Brit). I would suggets that if you like teas that are sweeter - use Stevia (zero calories) and its a natural sweetner. You use very little .... so whatever the flavour you choose - you can have it sweet and no worries about counting the calories. If you need to go the hot chocolate route - use water, no milk - again saving calories..... good luck on this tea tasting adventure!
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    bump
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Cool! I was just thinking about asking for tea recommendations. I also like sweet, fruity teas. I like herbal teas because I can drink them all day in the winter and not worry about the caffeine and I don't need to add milk to them for them to seem "complete" to me.

I am a BIG fan of Celestial Seasonings True Blueberry. I ordered a case of it from Amazon last winter (back in Minnesota) and I drank it all day long.

I also love the Yogi Mayan Cocoa Spice with milk/cream as well as Celestial Seasonings Roastaroma -- a great coffee alternative.
  • megacy
    megacy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Good Earth Original Sweet & Spicy is sooo nice on cold days. It's already sweet, so no need to add any sweetener. :]

This tea is AWESOME! It is sweet and the spices make me think of fall and the holiday season :)

^^ this. Good Earth has great teas. In addition to the Original Sweet & Spicy, the Apricot & Ginger is yummy and sweet enough on its own. goodearth.com
  • applebobbrush
    applebobbrush Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    It is a bit pricy but Teavana is awesome! They have blends that just amazing. You can visit their webiste or they have shops in some malls, they even have a weight loss blend that is to die for. Love it. It is pricey up front like I said but it goes pretty far since you can use the tea leaves for several cups of coffee.
  • abcwhite10
    abcwhite10 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Higgins and Burke - pomegranite cranberry
    Celestial - Bengal spice or the black cherry
    Stash brand makes a sampler pack of 18 bags - 9 different flavors if you want to experiment