Gym is so boring

rita27ny
rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
edited October 4 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi,

Gym is really boring. Bike,elliptical,trend mill,weights. what other excercises i can do besides yoga.

Replies

• rita27ny
    Hi,

Gym is really boring. Bike,elliptical,trend mill,weights. what other excercises i can do besides yoga.
    :explode:
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Really? Can you find some group classes that might be more fun? Or listen to music/ read while you are on the machines?
  • rita27ny
    i did the listen to the ipod and read im so bored with it ive done the same group classes same crap.
  • rita27ny
    i did the listen to the ipod and read im so bored with it ive done the same group classes same crap.
  • rita27ny
    nice pics
  • I still haven't found an exercise that I like and I doubt I ever will.
    I've come to consider it like medicine. Leaves a bad taste and I feel a certain resentment that there's any necessity for it, but I have to do it to get better.

This is probably no help at all, but a lot of people presume to advise that you must find a regime that's fun: that's sound advice I'm sure, and certainly it would be nice if you could apply it. But I reckon it's just as possible not to like it at all and have to call upon one's discipline to get it done. It was, after all, enjoyment and a lack of discipline that bought me to this in the first place.
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    If gym is boring to you, you need to find something else you can do as a workout, that does not bore you. No need to do something you don't like!

Edited to add: I really LOVE rollerblading. It's quite calorie consuming and really fun. I listen to music while rolling, enjoy the sun and the wind and the nice landscape around me and best of all: it doesn't feel like exercising to me :-)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Well, if you really don't like the gym, you don't have to go.

You could find some other exercise you enjoy - running, dancing, hill walking.

Or......don't exercise. Results come more from your food than exercise anyway, so don't bother with the gym if it's not doing it for you. But you have to be super good about your food intake.
  • Ayla20103005
    Ayla20103005 Posts: 104 Member
    Im sorry but if its boring you, you cant be working hard enough.
  • rita27ny
    I didn't say I don't like the gym. Clarify It's boring at times. ya i cheat on my diet all the time ahha
  • rita27ny
    tired of doing the bike,ellpitical,trend mill...
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    tired of doing the bike,ellpitical,trend mill...

Start weight lifting?
  • elbandito
    elbandito Posts: 157
    A little variety is the spice of life.

I'd recommend making day 1 at the gym: Treadmill, with some weights
    Day 2: Elliptical, some weights - but target another body area (ie: legs)
    Day 3: Bike, more weights, different body areas.

And in everything that you do, relish the way you body moves as you do it. This is what keeps me focussed and entertained... thinking "just how much MORE can I get out of my body" or "I love the way my shoulders move when I lift these weights, I'm going to do it again" :)
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    I've been enjoying random aerobics workouts on youtube, and the 30 day shred, and bike riding, outside, in an effort to get from point a to point b (there has to be a purpose and a destination or I don't ride fast enough).
  • rita27ny
    whats the 30day shred?
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    I'd suggest videos...I am never bored. I've done Tae Bo, yoga and pilates on dvd, Turbo Jam, ChaLean Xtreme, Jillian (many of her videos), Insanity, dance ones, and many other dvds. If I get bored with one I do another one.

Question after that is then...what do you like? Just regular squat, bicep curl type exercises? Kickboxing? Dancing?

ETA: 30 Day Shred is a workout dvd from Jillian Michaels. There are three different videos (levels) and you do each one for 10 days. They are the squat, lunge, jumping jack type of circuit training workout. I personally enjoyed them except I got bored when trying to do each video for 10 days. I blended those videos in with my other ones to keep from getting bored.
  • Levedi
    Levedi Posts: 290 Member
    Find a gym buddy - that can perk up the routine. Go outdoors for a while - hike, run trails in a local park. That helps me.

I sympathize - I get bored too. But changing things up usually helps.
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Turbo Jam or anything that Chalene Johnson has put out. Girl has the funnest exercises-they even have classes. However her videos are awesome. I lost 70 lbs with her Turbo Jam videos after I had my first. Her stuff is just soooo much fun.

I do bootcamp and we do hard core circuit training. Tons of fun, because the groups I work out with are tons of fun. Tread and elliptical are boring. Have you tried spin classes? Mix it up. Don't do the same thing every day.
This discussion has been closed.