Self Esteem help...

Options
One thing that keeps me moving forward in this plan is the fact I have more self esteem now. I've only lost a couple pounds. My jeans are still tight as ever, and no one can tell I've lost weight..

BUT, I walk with my chin a little higher, I have more purpose in my step, I smile more, I feel in my head and heart that my body is changing for the better, and dare I say it, I feel a little bit sexier! :blushing:

All from working out and eating better. Anyone else? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ChristyMomx3
    Options
    One thing that keeps me moving forward in this plan is the fact I have more self esteem now. I've only lost a couple pounds. My jeans are still tight as ever, and no one can tell I've lost weight..

BUT, I walk with my chin a little higher, I have more purpose in my step, I smile more, I feel in my head and heart that my body is changing for the better, and dare I say it, I feel a little bit sexier! :blushing:

All from working out and eating better. Anyone else? :flowerforyou:
  • jpwarner
    jpwarner Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I found what works for me more than anything is, I changed my life style to be healthier without worrying about weight loss. If you exercise, change those bad habits to good ones, one at a time. The weight will take care of its self.

I do know what you mean, as people do start to notice the changes who know you and that makes you feel better. And when you look at yourself in the mirror you start to smile.
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!!! I am definately feeling sexier and more confidant....its been a long time since i have felt really good about myself, even once upon a time when i weighed the same as i do now i was always thinking i was fat and ugly... but now i feel like one hot mama :laugh: I do think with me it has a lot to do with bad realtionships that lowered my confidence and I feel like i have grown up a lot since then!!! I have also noticed a difference in the way men look at me and its not because i am skinny because im not, i think its cause my confidence in myself and my body shines through... they are banging my door down now:laugh:

Jackie
  • tattooed81
    Options
    I don't know that I feel any ier but I do know that after the initial having to really force myself to work out everyday, now I really look foward to it. It makes me feel good when I work out now and to take some time to work on me.
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Yeah I feel much better than I did when I was 35lbs heavier, I have a lot more stamina/energy and look forward t oexercise rather than run in the opposite direction.
    I now find myself dreaming of the slim me waiting to get out, rather than dreading the one I show at present.
    I'm planning on the new me rising to the surface by this time next year, I think it's high time that slimmer gal was allowed to come out and play again - the biger one can go into hiding period! :laugh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!!! I am definately feeling sexier and more confidant....its been a long time since i have felt really good about myself, even once upon a time when i weighed the same as i do now i was always thinking i was fat and ugly... but now i feel like one hot mama :laugh: I do think with me it has a lot to do with bad realtionships that lowered my confidence and I feel like i have grown up a lot since then!!! I have also noticed a difference in the way men look at me and its not because i am skinny because im not, i think its cause my confidence in myself and my body shines through... they are banging my door down now:laugh:

Jackie
    :flowerforyou: :wink: I hear ya Girl!:laugh: Crazy isn't it, how what seems like something as simple as smiling can exude so much from within that can really make someone's day. Yea it's great to realize that people are kind and pay attention not because of being a lower weight but I give off a much more positive vibe again now...it's like they see something but can't quite put their finger on it...it's a bit magical when I meet ppl like that as well.

I simply feel great being around them, now I notice that I look directly into others eyes again instead of looking at the ground being invisible how much better I feel, well about everything ..not many ppl I say hello to go away not smiling. Like I said, something magical about it!

Building confidence back has been the most wonderful feeling!:flowerforyou:

FC:heart: