Daily routine for weight loss and healthy(ier) life

RuchikaPal
RuchikaPal Posts: 313 Member
edited October 4 in Health and Weight Loss
Well... actually its more like a question......

Currently im not working anywhere and i stay alone with my dog........ most of the day i have absolutely nothing to do.......so i jus sit around the computer...... dat has been my routine for a while.... but lately i have been pretty active on MFP.... and watching whatever i eat...... also i'm doing 30DS by Jillian.......

but even after doing all that..i have my most of the day free....... its still a few weeks before i join work...so i was thinking why not put all my time n energy in losing weight and living a healthier and more organised life...... :drinker:

so i was thinking i should try n make a routine or timetable kinda thing for me.......... so i can channelise my activities and time towards losing my weight....and make most of this free time!!!!!!!!!

i really neeed your suggestions......... :smile:

what all should i do....... n include in my daily routine so i can come up with a good daily routine for myself..........

i really wana make the most of this time!!!!!!! :ohwell:

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    i had a lot of free time when i was a student (only went into uni for about 8 hours per week my final year) and found weight loss a lot easier as i had plenty of time to plan my food for the day and get a good work out in!!

you could spend some time having a proper 'spring clean' of your house, go though your wardrobes and get rid off any old clothes you dont wear etc etc.
  • GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    I work from home so I spend a lot of time at my computer, too. If you have a dog then you should build at least two walks into your routine per day. This plus 30DS and a careful diet should lead to weight loss.

If you're finding that you're not losing weight, then perhaps add some more exercises. When I feel the need to burn a little bit more, I'll put my music on and jog on the spot for the duration of the song. You can still do this vigorously enough to burn fat just as you would if you were running outside. It's easy to make small changes.

Remember that every little helps.
  • by the suggestion of my doctor I now do everything at the same time each day to get my body on an internal clock-
    when I wake up, I use the bathroom and then check my weight. From then until noon I take my daily suppliments and get in 8 glasses of fluids. This is also when I do my workout. I always eat my lunch between 12-1 and my dinner between 6-7. I am in bed by 10 and awake by 6am. This has really helped me.
  • FionaHelen
    FionaHelen Posts: 113 Member
    wake up walk dog, come home shower, clean house, prepare lunch, come one here get motivated do another form of exercise like swimming which is easy on your joints and then have stroll round shops or meet a friend for afternoon tea, come home prepare dinner, walk dog. enjoy your eveng relaxing in hot bubble bath or with friendswatching telly etc every interval do the plank
    go to bed feeling great about your day and relaxed and happy Sorted!

it is hard to advise you as you know you ggod times of day and bad, also your commitments and hates but something like the above would be quite good!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    can you go out for walks?? and i'm talking like, epic urban hikes that last for hours, kind of walks. pick a destination, pack some stuff with you, take the dog and your favorite book, and just go.

check out nerdfitness.com. the guy has a great fitness website, and some great work out routines that you can do throughout the day too.
  • RuchikaPal
    RuchikaPal Posts: 313 Member
    yea... i know this gal from my colg.....wen we graduated she spent 2 months doing everything....she did yoga...she wen to gym...she watched her diet n god knows wat all..... and in just 2 months she totally transformed herself!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.