Tonight's cravings - Chocolate chunk cookies..... NO, NO, No

Options
Hi all,

All evening I have wanted to eat Chocolate chunk cookies... the ones with lots n lots of chocolate in.....
I have resisted all evening, and I feel good.
I ate a bowl of green grapes instead... a much healthier choice, so I am happy!

I definitely did not need the cookies....They are for the children, not me.... well at least that's what I am telling myself!

Has anyone been struggling to not eat something??

JT

Replies

• HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Chocolate chip cookies are a huuuugee temptation for me. My boyfriend buys massive bags of them for himself & leaves them in the cupboard. I just try not to think about their existance, they are way too tempting, I have also asked him to hide them! Out of sight out of mind.

My other weaknesses are all the usual baddies - nice hot chunky chips (or "fries") with a creamy dipping sauce, vanilla icecream with honeycomb chunks and pasta with a creamy sauce (such as alfredo).. Spring rolls & calamari rings are also up there :)
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I work opposite a bakery - every morning as I drive into work the air is filled with the scent of fresh baked bread and cakes. That is VERY hard to resist! But I haven't bought anything from there since I started on this site 6 months ago. I feel very proud!
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    My partner just baked a fresh batch of banana muffins.... They are low fat (about 70 calories each) and I had one, which was in my calorie allowance, but I can s,ell them and I want more,.... 11 more to be exact! I could eat them all!!!!
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    My best friend shipped me a box of count chocula from the states. I am doing p90x so they really don't want you to eat a bunch of processed foods.

It is in the cabinent along with coconut m&ms that are waiting for My nov cheat day. Yep...
  • MichelleHub1976
    MichelleHub1976 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Don't deny yourself completely. My weakness is chocolate!! I have one small chocolate with my cup of tea every night, if I still have the calories to use. I found if I didn't have a tiny treat once a day to look forward to my cravings would get the better of me and I would eay way more than I should. The question is ....can you stop at one???
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried Vita Tops? They are just the 'tops' of muffins, but healthy, and only 100 calories. There is a 'deep chocolate' flavour..... it is soooooo satisfying. You can get them in the freezer at big grocery stores or order online. :)
  • GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't deprive yourself entirely of the things that you enjoy. I allow myself some nice food each Monday night as I'd weighed in that morning so have the rest of the week to burn the nice things off again.

As long as you build things into your calorie allowance it's all good.
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Try these: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/370527-peanut-butter-oatmeal-chocolate-chip-cookies
    I made them last night and shared. They were really good! 85 calories a piece. Pb2 for protein, flaxseed instead of eggs and rolled oats for whole grains.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Unfortunate I have a tendency to binge on things :( So I find it pretty hard to have just one chocolate chip cookie, if there is a whole jar available to me I'd probably want to eat several more. I am getting better but I prefer to just not have the temptation sometimes
  • cofakid
    cofakid Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I let myself have little dosses of most the nice things i like, because i know i'll just quit if i deny myself.

But some days i'll have really bad cravings to just pig out usually on somthing like chips, sweet bread things, or something savory and fatty.

I LOVE sweets, so i eat a lot of sweet but healthier things, so i dont often crave sweet stuff because i let myself have it. and im a chocolate addict but i let myself have tiny amounts of that, so i dont feel deeply deprived of it.

But all those salty fatty diet wrecking things i use to it - i do have to fight cravings for them. Deep fried chips, chineese take out, ham and cheese crisoants... most the time i crave them because i smell them on the way to and from work.
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    My husband is eating ice cream right now. Grr. haha.
  • TODJ06
    TODJ06 Posts: 85
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
    I am very pleased to know I am not the only one who struggles with snacks and naughty foods!!

I bought some strawberries today as my shop didnt have very nice looking grapes... something healthier than cookies for me tonight!
  • chikachic817
    chikachic817 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Unfortunate I have a tendency to binge on things :( So I find it pretty hard to have just one chocolate chip cookie, if there is a whole jar available to me I'd probably want to eat several more. I am getting better but I prefer to just not have the temptation sometimes

Me too. I just threw away my favorite cookies I made last week (Pillsburry Funfetti) :( It was hard but I was always tempted to eat them because I knew they were there and I could never have just one. I made me feel a little better knowing I spent only $1 to make them. I know it will be harder when my sister comes home from college on Thanksgiving break. She likes to fix all of the things I really shouldn't eat, due to her high metabolism, so she can basically eat anything she wants :( I hate it
  • cornerofgreystreet
    cornerofgreystreet Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I ran 5 miles today and then ate almost all the calories I burned in cookies. Sigh.
  • chikachic817
    chikachic817 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I ran 5 miles today and then ate almost all the calories I burned in cookies. Sigh.

I did that yesterday, hence the throwing out of the cookies, lol. I felt so horrible afterwards that I didn't even log them all because I was too scared of what it would show my totals to be.
  • cornerofgreystreet
    cornerofgreystreet Posts: 180 Member
    Options

I did that yesterday, hence the throwing out of the cookies, lol. I felt so horrible afterwards that I didn't even log them all because I was too scared of what it would show my totals to be.

I know, I am SICK right now. But I will log them and move on. Tomorrow is a new day and the remainder of the cookies are in the trash.