Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Size 18 here I come :)

I was amazed to get into my old size 20 jeans a few weeks ago, it was just wonderful.

Whilst getting my husband some running shoes this weekend, the lady assistant commented that those (size 20 jeans) had quite a lot of room in them. So I must of been smaller than I thought IYSWIM, so I thought I would try an size 18 jeans when I got to the shops next.

Whilst buying a cheap replacement bra (as I have lost several inches from my chest/breasts) today, I tried on an pair of 18 jeans and 18 dress wanting to see how much I had to lose to get in.

They fit !

I am wondering just how much weight I have lost recently. I was bursting out of my size 24 jeans and these were very loose by the time I joined MFP but I have only lost 13 lbs (minus this weeks weigh in) since then is that enough to lose another dress size.

Or is it the exercising that is changing my body shape.

I didn't buy the jeans or dress, just window shopping but it really cheered me up, I moved into 20's when I was early 20's, I can't believe I may soon be wearing size 18 clothes :)

Replies

• nileighttig
    nileighttig Posts: 147 Member
    Excellent - well done!
  • Woohoo! Excellent job! I was never so happy as when I fit into a size 14 unexpectedly, so I feel your joy! Keep up the good work!
  • loseiteli
    loseiteli Posts: 242 Member
    Its the changing in the shape of your body!! I have hardly lost any weight, but am fitting into much smaller clothes and feeling better! I have a very athletic build, so I tend to be musculer (when I am in shape).

Congrats on your progress! Remember that the scale is really just a number and its all about being healthy! :D
  • sunshinel397
    sunshinel397 Posts: 206 Member
    It's amazing how much exercising and body reshaping can work so well with little weight loss! Congratulations. That is awesome. Keep on moving and just watch the weight fall off!
  • ameyc2002
    ameyc2002 Posts: 247 Member
    yay 4 u, its nice when our hard work pays off.:flowerforyou:
  • Amie_LR
    Amie_LR Posts: 50
    That's amazing, what a fantastic NSV to put a smile on your face! Hope to join you in the future, I've just gone from my 24's into a pair of 22 jeans last week... can't wait to get into an 18!
  • Babieseverywhere
    Babieseverywhere Posts: 311 Member
    Remember that the scale is really just a number and its all about being healthy! :D

Totally, I am doing this to get healthier. That is why exercise is my new enjoyable hobby. I can't believe I am excited to be going back to aerobics tonight (I stopped for a couple of weeks after a knee injury.)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!