Bridesmaid Bootcamp - Summer Weddings 2012 (OPEN GROUP)

Options

Replies

• DaChozn
    DaChozn Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    So I'm crossing my fingers for a decent weigh-in tomorrow. TOM hit and I just feel like crap....

You did awesome this week Jazz!
  • jazzminx
    jazzminx Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I was so surprised when I looked at the scale this morning. I did a goofy little dance :tongue:
  • nomoreexcuses121
    Options
    looks like a great week for weight loss! I see 3 of us have weighed in and lost 6.8 pounds all together!!! Woohoo!:happy:

Dachozn, do you want to pick a goal for the group this week? It can be anything you want it to be, nutrition, fitness, etc.
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Oh cool! Can I join? I'm maid of honor in my BFF's wedding on 6/24/12 :)

Current weight : 137.4
    Current size: 6/8
    Goal weight: 115
    Goal size: 2
    Wedding date: 6/24/12

(I feel kind of silly having a goal for someone elses' wedding, because on one hand it's my BFF's day and it is NOT about me! But at the same time, I am trying to lose weight just in general, and that's the weight I hope to be at that time... but it's just coincidentally, not because of the wedding itself! lol!)
  • nomoreexcuses121
    Options
    Oh cool! Can I join? I'm maid of honor in my BFF's wedding on 6/24/12 :)

Current weight : 137.4
    Current size: 6/8
    Goal weight: 115
    Goal size: 2
    Wedding date: 6/24/12

(I feel kind of silly having a goal for someone elses' wedding, because on one hand it's my BFF's day and it is NOT about me! But at the same time, I am trying to lose weight just in general, and that's the weight I hope to be at that time... but it's just coincidentally, not because of the wedding itself! lol!)

sure! feel free to add your info to the spreadsheet.

I agree with the whole goal for someone elses' wedding. I actually planned on trying to lose all my weight by July 1st and my cousin happens to be getting married on June 30th. It gives me a little bit more of a push to try and hit my goal with being in the wedding (over 200 people will be there!), not to mention the very revealing dresses that she picked! they look great on the model, but I'm scared to death about trying it on next month!!!
  • DaChozn
    Options
    Ok bridesmaids, the goal for this week, is to get at least 150 hours total of exercise. That's a minimal of 30 minutes a day for 5 days. I think that's doable!
  • jazzminx
    Options
    Great goal! I had a very bad 2 days and feel totally guilty. Just the thing I need to get myself to exercise :)
  • killerqueen17
    Options
    UGH well I just sprained my ankle.... and I was all set to start up with my 30DS dvd again!! *sigh* I will try to do some arm work I guess, lifting and the like... but anything involving walking or more is out :grumble:
  • DaChozn
    Options
    UGH well I just sprained my ankle.... and I was all set to start up with my 30DS dvd again!! *sigh* I will try to do some arm work I guess, lifting and the like... but anything involving walking or more is out :grumble:

:( I'm sorry to hear that Killer. Injuries are no picnic. Get better soon girly and don't overdo it. A lot of floor work for abs and leg lifts such as a basic Pilates workout without flexing your feet might be good to add to your routine as well.
  • killerqueen17
    Options

:( I'm sorry to hear that Killer. Injuries are no picnic. Get better soon girly and don't overdo it. A lot of floor work for abs and leg lifts such as a basic Pilates workout without flexing your feet might be good to add to your routine as well.

Ooh yes, good ideas!! Thanks! :happy:
  • jazzminx
    Options
    So I was curious how everyone did with their 150 minutes of exercise this week? Is there going to be another goal this week?
  • killerqueen17
    Options
    So I was curious how everyone did with their 150 minutes of exercise this week? Is there going to be another goal this week?

Well I definitely did NOT do mine, with my ankle problems... (grr)... and I gained weight this week too!! BUT I'm starting 30DS tonight!! :bigsmile:
  • DaChozn
    Options
    Normally I count Sunday night as week's end but I'm already at 170 hours for the week. Yay! Whoever is next on the list makes the challenge. Not sure who that is.....
  • mevans_bnb
    mevans_bnb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Dang you are truly my motivation, Kara. DO you have any tips you want to share.
  • nomoreexcuses121
    Options
    Last week was a bad week for me :-(
    I went over my calories on Friday and Saturday, had a weight gain, and only logged 105 minutes of exercise :-(

This week will be better!

Looks like I'm next on the list to pick our weekly goal! :-)

This week we can focus on strength training. I'm going to go with 90 minutes total for the week. You can break it down however you want. I usually find that two 45 minute sessions is most effective.

Good luck everyone and hopefully we will all have pounds lost this week!
  • killerqueen17
    Options
    I went over my calories on Friday and Saturday, had a weight gain, and only logged 105 minutes of exercise :-(

This week we can focus on strength training. I'm going to go with 90 minutes total for the week. You can break it down however you want. I usually find that two 45 minute sessions is most effective.

Sounds good!! Good luck to everyone! :)
  • jazzminx
    Options

Good luck to everyone too. I also didn't do that well this week. I got all my exercise in, but did terrible with my food. Had a small gain (not as bad as I was expecting so that's good atleast), but it's a new week :) Let's kick some butt :wink:
  • MayaRLehman
    MayaRLehman Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I knew this week wouldn't be good. Not enough exercise and above my calorie goals more often then not. Nuts. It's not even the holidays yet!! Going to do better starting NOW.
  • jazzminx
    Options
    Ugh. I'm not gaining a lot, but it's still super frustrating. I'm exercising, so I know the problem is my food choices lately. Since it's my turn to choose the challenge/goal this week, I'm focusing on food.

Stay below your calorie allotment this week!!!!

Also, I'm terrible with drinking enough water. My Mom read somewhere that you are suppose to drink half your weight in ounces everyday (she told me the article, but I can't remember it). I'm going to try to do it this week. I have a 52oz jug thingy that I'm going to try to fill twice and drink.
  • DaChozn
    Options
    I maintained this week. Ugh!!! I feel like I'm coming up on another plateau. Not sure why my body is being so stubborn. Great goal this week Jazz. I know I need to up my water intake or maintain my 8 glasses. Been slipping lately.

I sort of want this group to move to move to the actual groups feature MFP created so that we don't have to comb the message boards and it will be more visible to us when we post our discussions. What do y'all think?