Today I start my life-changing journey

mdt098
mdt098 Posts: 4
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hello all,

I just thought I'd introduce myself and provide a little bit of backstory.

My journey does not involve just losing weight, but changing many of my habits in order to lead a better life.

To make a long story short, I am a 19 year-old who has been overweight most of my life. At 5'9 and 240 pounds, I am considered obese by the standards of many. However, I've had a lot of other things going on in my life that need changing. If I don't start now, it could lead to some very serious consequences in the future.

I dropped out of college (temporarily) to come home and work. A lot of stupid decisions combined with an addiction to gambling led me to a very very poor financial state. I started facing my addiction to gambling and worked out a plan to pay off all of my debts about a week ago. I figured that now would be a good time to change my eating/exercise habits too. I have never been a binge eater but a rather sedentary lifestyle and lack of regular exercise brought me to where I am now.

I am so lucky to have the love and support of my parents. I know I am on the right track and I am confident that this website will be another wonderful tool to help rebuild my life.

Thanks for listening you guys, and wish me luck!

Replies

• mdt098
    mdt098 Posts: 4
    Hello all,

I just thought I'd introduce myself and provide a little bit of backstory.

My journey does not involve just losing weight, but changing many of my habits in order to lead a better life.

To make a long story short, I am a 19 year-old who has been overweight most of my life. At 5'9 and 240 pounds, I am considered obese by the standards of many. However, I've had a lot of other things going on in my life that need changing. If I don't start now, it could lead to some very serious consequences in the future.

I dropped out of college (temporarily) to come home and work. A lot of stupid decisions combined with an addiction to gambling led me to a very very poor financial state. I started facing my addiction to gambling and worked out a plan to pay off all of my debts about a week ago. I figured that now would be a good time to change my eating/exercise habits too. I have never been a binge eater but a rather sedentary lifestyle and lack of regular exercise brought me to where I am now.

I am so lucky to have the love and support of my parents. I know I am on the right track and I am confident that this website will be another wonderful tool to help rebuild my life.

Thanks for listening you guys, and wish me luck!
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Hi and welcome again (i just said welcome to you in the breakfast thread lol)

This is an awesome place and youll love it here:flowerforyou:

Jackie
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Hi and welcome!! Way to go on facing up to your addiction and making a plan to pay off what needs to be paid off! That is awesome - you will learn a lot on your life-changing journey. I wish you well and think that what you are doing is great.
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    Welcome and good luck to you! :flowerforyou:

We are all here for each other...
  • kellya
    kellya Posts: 208
    Hi and Good Luck! You are doing many great things and I wish you all the best! Be confident and proud! Take care!
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Welcome :flowerforyou: Tomorrow will be my first week here and loving it. I am the same height as you, have steadily gained 64 lbs since 2003. A life of diet pills, drinking and other poor indulgence choices were going to do me in. I vowed in 2006 to make a change and I lost weight, tapered off and gained about 1/2 of the 26 lbs I'd lost back. So. I recommitted to gym workouts in late Nov and finally food wise last week here. I'm at 200 on my ticker, but quite excited about weighing in tomorrow:noway: If you haven't already, read and re-read the newbie section it helps. We also just started a green team if you want to join. :happy: good luck, this is super motivational, I'm now addicted to this:wink:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hi, welcome to MFP, I just wanted to wish you good luck on your weight loss journey, you can do this.
This discussion has been closed.