Do i run the 5k Or 10K on 10/29?

Options
Hey all,

Need some guidance. I've been running for the last 6 months and i am ready to challenge myself. There is a upcoming 5K and 10K event on 10/29 and i need to make a choice on what race to run.

A coworker and i are pushing each other with running.

I did a 5K race on Sunday and matched his best time. He wants me to run the 5K with him and push each other to beat our best times of 27:55.

I train a lot longer then 3.1 miles normally now. (I run between 4.25-5.5 miles 3 days a week either outside or on my elliptical.) and when i run a 5K i end up having to run extra as i have way to much energy after and i end up having to run longer to get rid of the energy.

I want to push myself in the 5K and get a better time, but i also want to run the 10K so that i can keep moving up to reach my goal of running a half marathon next year.

So i ask, what do you think? Should i run the 5K or 10K on 10/29/11?

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    10k, no question.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    10k, no question.
    +1 ...time to move it on up.
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    If you are hungry for a 10K you should go for it!
  • BackwoodsMom
    BackwoodsMom Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    You have good times and good length runs so I'd say go for the 10K. (I'm doing my first 10K this Saturday.)
  • polar135
    polar135 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    10K it is. Excited for the race but also because my daughter is running the MONSTER MILE! :) Love showing her that it's best to live a healthy lifestyle!