Hello, friends

Options
As the pendulum swings…. In 2009 I was down to 210Lbs, now way up at 270lbs.
Found this app on the Iphone; I hope that the daily recording of what I consume and the calorie counter for the daily limit will force my resolve in getting back down. But, my love of good food and good beer… It’s going to be a fight.

Cheers! :drinker:

Replies

• kabloozi
    kabloozi Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You'll do great...this is a start...Good luck today and keep it up!
  • I just joined too lol......Good luck! :)
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Welcome, beautiful people! :) Enjoy your stay here because we all are here for the same goal; being happy and healthy! Feel free to add me as your friend so we can help and encourage one another! :D
  • cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    YES!

I had the same nervousness at the beginning! Giving up some of the foods I like wasn't too big of a deal, but take away my beer and I get CRANKY :(

However, I found out that I somehow became incredibly disciplined after using MFP for just a few days! The first couple of days, i tried just saving some calories so i could have a few beers. Noticing how hungry I was at the end of the day and having those beer calories flaunt themselves all over my "food" diary, I realized it's just not worth it. I never thought I'd be able to give it up all together, but I did without giving it much thought and I feel so empowered! Thats just the route I took though, and we'll see how long it lasts, but so far I feel great!