Recipe Swap Week 5

Options

Replies

• nurse_christieyne
    Options
    Would love to be added to this.... I love new recipes.
  • pixiechick8321
    pixiechick8321 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Just made the soup tonight for lunch on Mon. & Tues.

It was really easy and I think I'll try the recipe again with various adaptations (Such as some yogurt instead of all cream cheese)

I halved the recipe since DH won't eat it.

I did use 1 c vegetable broth and 1 c chicken broth and low fat cream cheese. Also, I added 1 stalk celery (Would add more next time) and only a tiny bit of onion (would add more, and also fresh garlic).

Mine isn't very "soup" like - it's more like potato mac & cheese instead of pasta ;-) But I love mac & cheese so it works for me!
  • cindylee123
    cindylee123 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I made the potato soup today. I agree that it was really thick...kind of like mashed potatoes. My kids didn't mind that at all. :) I wonder if using FF cream cheese caused it to be more gloppy than regular cream cheese. I think I'd also use a bit less cream cheese and/or more broth next time. I really liked the flavor, especially the cayenne which gave it a little bit of a kick. Thanks for the recipe. Great comfort meal for fall and winter!
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    azluvin, adding you!
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    none of my recipes are really suited for this website, more like the reason im on the website (lemon butter sauce anyone)

but ill lurk and try some out.
  • bellebau
    bellebau Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Would love to be added
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    Would love to be added

Adding you now :)
  • sporter5
    sporter5 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I would like to be in this :)
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    sporter5, adding you now!
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    I made the soup today. I would definitely serve it again because the flavor was really good, but I think I would serve it as a potato dish instead of a soup dish because it was kind of thick. It would go really nice with a piece of chicken or beef.

I forgot to take a picture though :X
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    wow, the soup sounds pretty good - and I love creamy potato soup!!

A few questions:
    1. can I add other stuff? (celery, carrots, etc) and when would I add them (with potato?)
    2. Does this soup freeze? DH won't eat soup, but if I can freeze it, that would be great for quick lunches...
    3. I don't do well with "cups" of stuff - how many potatoes makes 2 cups? 4 cups?

Thanks!! This is perfect for the colder weather coming in now.

1. I think it would be fine to add celery or whatever - I would add with the potatoes so they soften.
    2. I don't know how well it would freeze - I've always heard that freezing dairy products changes the texture, so I've never tried it. Also, we love this soup so we eat the leftovers really quick.
    3. I don't know how many potatoes I use. I peel and chop them and then throw them in my 4 cup measuring cup until it's full. It depends on the size of your potatoes, but I would say approx 1 large potato = 3/4-1 cup chopped.

Freeze some before adding the cheese, then add that when you reheat it.
  • pixiechick8321
    pixiechick8321 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Gail - I did think about that while making it! Now that I've had some, I'm ready to experiment and I'll add that to the list of things to try.

There's only 4 responses to the soup and 1 to the salad...has anyone else tried this??? Please post your thoughts so we can make these recipes great and see all the variety people have done to them!
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    Gail - I did think about that while making it! Now that I've had some, I'm ready to experiment and I'll add that to the list of things to try.

There's only 4 responses to the soup and 1 to the salad...has anyone else tried this??? Please post your thoughts so we can make these recipes great and see all the variety people have done to them!

I'm making the salad on Thursday :)
  • Bigaug
    Bigaug Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Please add me.

aug
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    Please add me.

aug

added :)
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I made the soup but mine turned a bit more spicy than I expected. I used seasoning that had pepper already plus added pepper and cayenne. It was good, I could make it again but next time I cant have all that pepper. My soup had a lot less calories (which was nice) because I used all light or fat free products.
  • TerryBeeBee
    Options
    ohh yummy goodness!!! I just made the Cream Cheese Potato Soup!! It was delicious. The only thing i changed was the cream cheese. I used the Philadelphia Sundried Tomato & Basil Light Cream Cheese. A definite A+++++++++ TY for posting!! :happy:
  • kashmirkat
    kashmirkat Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am so behind! Week 5 now :o Sorry I haven't gotten a chance to try anything yet - lost my brother 2 weeks ago and it threw a huge wrench into, well, everything really...

That black bean mango salad sounds delicious! :smile:
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    kash - I hope you're doing okay. My thoughts are with you right now!
    Snowridesbikes - I'm adding you now! It's never too late.