NSV

Options
thedeegan4
thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
Just proved to myself that the scale isn't all that one should rely on. I started a challenge at the fitness studio that I work out at on October 1st. We just had our first weigh in/measurements done last night since we started and although I was only down 1.2 pounds, I was down 7.25 inches!

Replies

• H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    nicely done. those lost inches are super nice.
  • Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Great job! Makes me not want to weigh myself every day!
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    WOW, how wonderful for you!!! Inches are fantastic things to lose, aren't they??
  • defygravity531
    defygravity531 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    YAYYY!!! :) I find that when I eat well, the scale goes down. When I exercise, my inches go down. When I combine the two, whoa baby, look out. :)

So happy for you!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    7.25" is a big loss! Congratulations. Maybe this will help me remember to measure as well as getting on the scale!
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    This is the best kind of NSV.

Most of us actually want to lose SIZE, but we measure our weight? That's like trying to measure out a metre of water.
  • mrsredneckmorris
    mrsredneckmorris Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Way to go, and it's also nice to hear that people are still changing even if the scale doesnt' reflect it!
  • allnewellie
    Options
    Thanks for sharing....amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!