Any Suggestions on How to Repair Jeans?

Options
emilydmac
emilydmac Posts: 382 Member
Hi Everyone,
All of you MFPers seem to know your stuff and I was looking for some suggestions. Two of my absolute favorite pairs of jeans, which I newly fit into, have holes. One pair has a small hole in the knee and one pair has a small hole in the side of the thigh. I really dont want to patch them but I would love to have them repaired. Is this possible? What would you do?
Thank you!
Emily

Replies

• kiwipez
    kiwipez Posts: 144
    Options
    patch from the inside and maybe embroider over on the outside
  • ber3023
    ber3023 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I agree on patching from the inside. If you can't embroider, which I can't, they do make iron-on patches with designs on them that you could put over it so you couldn't see the patch done on the inside or the frayed jean.
  • SLambertAlaska
    SLambertAlaska Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    couple of possibilities:
    * go for the young hip look and leave the holes; but zig-zag stitch around the edges of the holes so they don't get bigger (I did this recently for my teenager's favorite pair of jeans)
    * patch from the inside: put a patch, but make it out of jeans fabric (from an older pair that bit the dust or a thrift store pair you can cut up) and put the patch on the inside. It will still look a little "patched" but not as obvious as if the patch is on the outside.
    The hole is knee is a tough one because it's probably going to rip worse - it's just a bad spot. So my third suggestion is
    * celebrate your weight loss and splurge on a new pair of jeans - You're worth it!
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    People pay loads of money for jeans with holes. I say leave them and claim you're "hip" :) or iron on a patch from the inside.