Week 3 Blues

Options
I know that normally week 2 is the week you see little results, but I'm feeling the week 3 Blues. I've been exercising a little more than I intended, sticking to my calories and am even a little under most days. I'm drinking nothing but water, (except for my morning coffee, 1 Cup) and the scale actually went up on me. Last week I saw some great results, and as of today, I'm a pound more than last weeks weigh in. What am I doing wrong? I know muscle weighs more than fat, but I'm trying to keep my cardio level in the "weight loss" range and I'm not doing much weight lifting, just treadmill and Eliptical. Any suggestions?

Replies

• firewife351
    firewife351 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I know that normally week 2 is the week you see little results, but I'm feeling the week 3 Blues. I've been exercising a little more than I intended, sticking to my calories and am even a little under most days. I'm drinking nothing but water, (except for my morning coffee, 1 Cup) and the scale actually went up on me. Last week I saw some great results, and as of today, I'm a pound more than last weeks weigh in. What am I doing wrong? I know muscle weighs more than fat, but I'm trying to keep my cardio level in the "weight loss" range and I'm not doing much weight lifting, just treadmill and Eliptical. Any suggestions?
  • abillings9
    Options
    I just got done grumbling about the same thing. Seems to be a common thing around here today! I guess it's pretty normal.
  • buffjess
    buffjess Posts: 382
    Options
    It could also depend on when you weighed..It is best to weigh when you first get up, go empty ur bladder and do nothing else until yo weigh..Did you weigh after youdrank alot of water or after you ate? all that plays a role in that number:wink: hope this helped!
  • beauty06
    Options
    Im on week three as well.....and in the same spot as you. Im not really sure what to tell you (which doesnt help I know) but you have to keep yourself motivated and know that in the end you will see GREAT results! YAY YOU!!!!! :smile: :smile: :smile: Sorry for the run on sentence! he he he! :-)
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Ditto!!!

Let's just not get discouraged and see what next week brings.

Memaw
  • firewife351
    firewife351 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Kind of stinks, but encouraging to know that I'm not the only one with this issue. I try to weigh myself at the same time every day, even tried taking a water pill to help any water weight. Guess I'll just keep plugging along!