Pre-workout drink

Options
Does anyone use a pre-workout drink. One of my friends said to buy Nzero Extreme. Every heard of it?
Thanks,
Shawn Marie

Replies

• mrdee555
    mrdee555 Posts: 178
    Options
    i use jack3d by usp labs also dymatize xpand the caffiene one:)

Never heard of Nzero Extreme but im from the uk
  • Srbrosseau
    Srbrosseau Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I also use jack3d, but NOxplode is what I used previously. I like the jack3d more and it's a little more economical.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I big mug of black coffee :D That's my pre workout drink hehe
  • brice02
    brice02 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I use Advocare Arginine Extreme and Slam, really energizes my workouts!
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    water
  • mhig011975
    Options
    i drink shakeology before a workout
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    8 oz of chocolate milk: good fat, good protein. Delicious & cheap.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Coffee.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I big mug of black coffee :D That's my pre workout drink hehe

This! Mich healthier and natural.
  • mrdee555
    Options
    oh and 15g of bcaa's before, during and after to stop eating muscle through a heavy workout.
  • Emma1903
    Emma1903 Posts: 195
    Options
    Pre workout you don't really need anything if your goal is loosing weight, post workout a protein shake or some chocolate milk is the best choice.
  • Emma1903
    Options
    oh and 15g of bcaa's before, during and after to stop eating muscle through a heavy workout.
    You don't really need bcaa before a workout unless you are training fasted to reduce muscle catabolism, if you have eaten before your workout you don't need it.
  • mrdee555
    Options
    Id never heard of Nzero Extreme but it seems to get good reviews most people saying is better than jack3d must give it a go.
  • KyleGA
    KyleGA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Just sharing my personal experience with ya...

I've used Jack3d, C4 Extreme and SuperPump MAX pre workout drinks.

I workout at night, so need something to kick my *kitten* quickly, then let me sleep approx. 2 hours after my workout

Jack3d, Grape - Taste was so/so - I received a steady amount of energy from this drink, I received a decent pump during the workout, but a couple hours after the workout and still left me with too much energy to quickly fall asleep.

C4 Extreme, Fruit Punch - Taste was good - I received a quick burst and steady burst of energy. The pump was minimal. I was able to sleep like a baby 2 hours after my workout.

SuperPump MAX, Grape - Taste was scrumptious, but doesn't mix very well. I received minimal energy from this drink. But the Pump was incredible and seems to last. I was able to sleep like a baby 2 hours after my workout.

My wife has used Jack3d and C4 Extreme. Due to taste, she likes the C4 much more.

Cheers to you!
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Just started a new one this morning.. I was doing Jack3D and that stuff is Great, But This RAZOR 8 is Awesome.. Love it!!!!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    water, not a drink but cliff bars are good
  • mrdee555
    Options
    You don't really need bcaa before a workout unless you are training fasted to reduce muscle catabolism, if you have eaten before your workout you don't need it.

Yes your right this is in a fasted state at 6am in morn on treadmill at 4mph for 65mins. before i weight train in evening i have 45g oats with 30g of protein 1hr before then my prworkout drink half hour before, i just sip on 15g of bcaas and 50g of maltodextrin during weights 50g of whey protein as soon as ive finished then have another 15g bcaas with my main post meal bout half hour later.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I have an apple in the afternoon within 2 hours before spinning to make sure I don't have feel queasy on an empty stomach and give me the energy/carbs I need but I use my whey protein AFTER the workout as then the protein is best absorbed/utilized by your muscles.

Rule of thumb; carbs before, protein after.
  • Emma1903
    Options
    But you could save some money and just have the bcaa before your fasted workout as your fueling your other workout with your protein and carb shake so don't really need the bcaa unless it's to help with doms