Hard to lose baby weight! Help!

I need to lose 10 more pounds from THIS baby:) Then 10-15 more from the other two. Am good at buying new clothes to disguise weight. What should I eat when I am starving at 3pm to hold me off until dinner? Celery does not cut it for me unless it is stuffed with cream cheese!

Replies

• wuntywunt
    wuntywunt Posts: 2 Member
    I need to lose 10 more pounds from THIS baby:) Then 10-15 more from the other two. Am good at buying new clothes to disguise weight. What should I eat when I am starving at 3pm to hold me off until dinner? Celery does not cut it for me unless it is stuffed with cream cheese!
  • ambee024
    ambee024 Posts: 1
    I too am trying to lose the baby weight. I gained 50 + lbs and I have only lost 1/2 and my son is 9 months old:( I have found eating marshmallows when I need a sweet snack and a glass of water fills me up for a while. I think it may expand in your stomach ..not sure though but it sure helps when I need something sweet not loaded in fat. I have a bad sweet tooth. Hope this helps some!
  • ladydi
    ladydi Posts: 88 Member
    What I usually do is eat almonds and if I’m really hungry eat yogurt to that usually satisfy me until dinner time. Also toasted wheat bread with peanut butter and honey .The trick to losing weight I’m now realizing is just eating things that will keep you full like protein and fiber and making sure they are low in calories too
  • FizikallyFit1
    FizikallyFit1 Posts: 32 Member
    I am a new mom too! I have a 7 week old baby. I have already lost most my baby weight but still want to lose more to get into my ideal weight. I've lost 35 pounds just from portioning my meals, "trying" to eat healthy and breastfeeding! I'm now looking to add exercise to the mix, but it's hard to schedule or find free time with my new baby! How do ya'll do it?

I'm a first time mom, feel free to add me as a friend 😀
  • oceaneriver0
    oceaneriver0 Posts: 6 Member
    Hey mama’s! If i tell you that my baby boy is now 3 years and still am struggling to loose my weight!! The struggle is so real
  • KungfuPandin
    KungfuPandin Posts: 90 Member
    I'm 5"4 and was in a healthy normal low weight.. pregnant with first child and put on 88 pounds/40kg!! I actually stopped weighing myself so it was probably a lot more at the top end. I only weighed in at a "start" weight when I had been keeping to a diet post partum for 3mths.. but we will say it was 40kg. 🤣
    I gradually lost the weight over 7yrs as I had 2 more children. I'm only 3.5kgs away from where I was at before kids.
    Some ideas: eat food that is protein rich and healthy.. eat to your macro goals each day. Factor in the foods you crave
    Afternoon snack attack hits me as well. And it still is a hurdle for me at that time of day. I'm a vegan so I wouldn't eat these foods but you could try some hard boiled eggs, some greek yogurt, some smoothies. Even some lean cooked proteins like chicken?

You body will spend energy processing protein and it is very filling. It fills you up for longer. You need a good amount of it if you are on a deficit.

I have been eating hummus dip and vegetables, rivita biscutes and slices of tomatoes, protein shakes, smoothies, a handful of roasted chick peas even a very small bowl of healthy cereal sometimes. You may be like me and need something more like a small meal to see you through.
    In the very early stages of my weight loss I ate 5 meals a day because I didn't like the feeling of hunger. I managed to get past it but it took a few years. I still lost weight during that time because I was still eating to a deficit it was just those "meals" were smaller and timed when I was hungry. I don't know if this helps. There are others on here with more advice but I hope this helps.