Wii = Weight Loss??

Options
I was just wondering who out there has had successful weight loss by playing certain Wii games ( the ones geared toward exercise and fitness) I have noticed I have been playing Wii Sports can get my heart rate going after about 40 min of playing...but it is starting to get old.

So Let me know what works for you!!!!

Replies

• solomonsmom
    solomonsmom Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering who out there has had successful weight loss by playing certain Wii games ( the ones geared toward exercise and fitness) I have noticed I have been playing Wii Sports can get my heart rate going after about 40 min of playing...but it is starting to get old.

So Let me know what works for you!!!!
  • onumom
    onumom Posts: 1
    Options
    I have heard alot of good things about WII fit. You might want to try that. Keep up the good work!!
  • Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    i've been using the wii fit for about 3.5-4 weeks now. i do the aerobics - running in place (long distance) twice, the hula hoop, then the yoga (about 5 or 6 different poses) to warm up. i also do a bunch of the strength training.

i love it. i've lost about a pound a week so far. and even though the yoga kicks your BUTT if you're not in shape, after a week or two, its SUCH a good feeling to see that you can actually do the poses without strain anymore, and that motivates you even more! plus it monitors your progress. gives you a body test daily, telling you your BMI and weight.

so ultimately, i like the wii fit, as far as cardio, however, unless you like running in place, i'd consider a treadmill or something of that sort. :wink:
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    I enjoy the tennis on wii sports, but I love my wii fit!!! The hula hoop is fun, the advanced step routine gets my heartrate up a bit, and I just unlocked a boxing routine that also is some nice cardio.

Good job and keep up the success!!! :flowerforyou:
  • mommachag
    mommachag Posts: 318
    Options
    i love love love my wii fit! I have such a fun time doing the hula hoop and stuff. every other I do the strength stuff and the yoga. then run with it for 30 minutes.
  • solomonsmom
    Options
    anyone try the jillian michaels, my fitness coach or my weight loss coach??? I plan on getting the wii fit when I have the money but I am looking for something I can aford for the time being thanks!!!!!
  • solomonsmom
    Options
    noone huh?
  • mommachag
    mommachag Posts: 318
    Options
    the jillian michale's game (ultimatum?) did not get good reviews. most people said it was slow to respond and just programed poorly.

there are a ton of people that I have seen here that have and love my fitness coach. ive er seen it.

my friend has the weight loss coach and she seems to like it ok though i guess it comes with a pedometer that doesnt work very well