Ladies--What do you feel like after taking Midol!?

Options
2»

Replies

• CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I don't know what they feel like after taking it, but I learned early on that saying.. GEEZ take a Midol is not a proper way to tell a woman she is cranky.

haha! True! My boyfriend can typically detect when I'm going to start, I get emotional sometimes and my mood switches. He always asks, "Is it your cramper talking?!"
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I don't know what they feel like after taking it, but I learned early on that saying.. GEEZ take a Midol is not a proper way to tell a woman she is cranky.

haha! True! My boyfriend can typically detect when I'm going to start, I get emotional sometimes and my mood switches. He always asks, "Is it your cramper talking?!"

What a nice boyfriend!!!! A guy that I was friends with up until recently would say "Quit using that as a cop out".....even though we would only argue 3 days before I would start every single month.
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    My sister has that issue, I don't. But I don't have to take it any more, not since I started using my magic stuff.

Try taking Blackstrap Molasses (organic and unsulphured) 1 tbsp the week before and 1tbsp every day while TOM is visiting. It's all natural, relieves cramps, helps with PMS and mood swings. It's amazing stuff! I LOVE it!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    One of my friends pops midol like candyduring her TOM cuz she gets REALLY cranky. It puts her in abetter mood. I only take it if I get really bad cramping or sick feeling (which is not very often).

And to be honest, I've taken it more often to cure a hangover than I have for TOM issues. It works awesome. I actually learned that from a guy friend of mine that would take his girlfriend's midol when he was hungover. I mean it's essentially for the same symptoms right? Works for me.

Oh you should NOT take Midol for a hangover. You should not take any pain reliever that contains acetaminophen if you drink even moderately. Alcohol and acetaminophen are a toxic combination for your liver. It's really very dangerous (read the label).
  • amayzingamanda
    amayzingamanda Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    One of my friends pops midol like candyduring her TOM cuz she gets REALLY cranky. It puts her in abetter mood. I only take it if I get really bad cramping or sick feeling (which is not very often).

And to be honest, I've taken it more often to cure a hangover than I have for TOM issues. It works awesome. I actually learned that from a guy friend of mine that would take his girlfriend's midol when he was hungover. I mean it's essentially for the same symptoms right? Works for me.

Oh you should NOT take Midol for a hangover. You should not take any pain reliever that contains acetaminophen if you drink even moderately. Alcohol and acetaminophen are a toxic combination for your liver. It's really very dangerous (read the label).

True you should not take it while drinking, if you have pre-existing liver problems, or if you are an alcoholic. But taking it later (aka later the next day) after you body has broken down the alcohol enzyme if you are still feeling the symptoms should be ok. I did a quick search on acetaminophen and everything I've found so far says not to mix with alcohol (obviously) and not to take it if you ahve live problems or are taking other medications containing acetaminophen (such as tylenol).

BUT, we digress from the OP's question.
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    My sister has that issue, I don't. But I don't have to take it any more, not since I started using my magic stuff.

Try taking Blackstrap Molasses (organic and unsulphured) 1 tbsp the week before and 1tbsp every day while TOM is visiting. It's all natural, relieves cramps, helps with PMS and mood swings. It's amazing stuff! I LOVE it!

I just looked up the molasses. Sounds awesome, I think I might try it! Apparently it's got a lot of good side effects for your health and can be used as a sweetener instead of going for the "no calorie" sweetener.
  • becss4
    becss4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you're sensitive to caffeine/jitters like me, take the extended relief Midol, the blue pill.
    I find it works the best anyway and takes away cramps completely up to 8 hrs!
    I use a heating pad on my abdomen while waiting for it to kick in. When it does, you are
    Happy!!!!!! My husband calls it my "happy pill". Now I do too!
  • chrystyna01
    Options
    I am sensitive to Midol so I to get the "drunk" Not jittery just sort of lalala loopy feeling.. I have only taken it twice because I think I might like that loopy feeling to much! lol :drinker:
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Puts me to sleep every time. I usually only need to take one dose the first day, and I don't have cramps the rest of the time.
  • MisspelledMyName
    MisspelledMyName Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Midol extended (12 hour) works like a charm; midol complete makes me sicker than a death. I get dizzy as it wreaks havoc on my entire digestive system. I hate midol complete.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I've never taken it. Before I had surgery, my period made me higher than a kite, maybe because of the cramps. I didn't believe in using medication in those days. (I've since learned that meds can be a very good thing). I used to do a crazy belly dance/yoga/ballet routine that relieved the worst of them.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    ii dont take it i just suffer
  • Juliramirez1
    Juliramirez1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When I take midol, I feel shaky, dizzy, and nauseous. I sweat so much and my vision feels a bit off. I never take it because of this, but sometimes when my cramps are killing me I do take it. I hate midol! :s
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I tried midol and didn't notice any affect at all. It didn't touch the pain of my cramps. The only thing that worked was 2-4 ibuprofen, and that was just to take the edge off.

I don't really have to take anything for cramps since I went on the pill. I'll still get the occasional cramp, but they're so mild compared to what I used to get that I barely notice.
  • ActivatedAlm0nds
    ActivatedAlm0nds Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Heh, I take Midol for my TMJ.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I've never taken Midol or anything for period cramps. I don't get very bad cramps usually so I just live with it.
    I occasionally take generic ibuprofen for headache and other misc pains. It has never made me feel odd.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    A quick search reveals multiple formulations. This one has both caffeine and an antihistamine (for water retention, I guess??) Either could make you jittery.
    13u4e90hz7hw.jpeg