Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Body pump

OK, anyone have any ideas about what you burn on this???

I was sweating, but as I have only ever done about 2 classes over the last 2 years, I have yet to get the weights right, sometimes it was hard, then it was easy .............. But I did sweat and feel a slight burn... xx

Just a thought, or do we need to type in something else???

Thank you xx :flowerforyou:

Replies

• maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Bodypump is not in the system (at least the last time I checked, which was a few months ago).

I wear a HRM and I usually burn about 300-350 calories for a 60-min class.

I LOVE Bodypump!! Keep it up, it gets more fun the more you do it, and it's especially fun once you start seeing toned muscles!
  • JennBrown83
    JennBrown83 Posts: 131 Member
    honestly, i've done the class a few times and you're right, if you don't do it often it's hard to figure out the weights. because it's a non stop one hour and you're doing weights but it also gets cardio in there i log it under circuit training personally. i asked this question a few months ago when i started out here and that's what was suggested, you can also google "Les Mills Body Pump" and there website i think says it burns and average of 590 cals, but of course depending on your body weight, how much weight you use etc that's not gonna be 100% accurate
  • Agreed - I burn about 300-350 for the 60 minute class...
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    i just log it under strength training.
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Thank you, I will put down 300 cals, I was doing 4-6 TKD (tae Kwon Do) lessons a week (for a year) till about 2 months ago, need a car to get back into that.. Also I was doing 3-4 total body workout cardio combat type classes a week as well!! So I am toned, I just need to find it!! But loosing the weight, I can see a difference.. Will have to take more pics.. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Feeling good...

But thank you, I just feel a bit of a twit as did not know how to do everything..

But have to say I was the only one doing press ups with my feet on the board, I know show off, but loved the burn and never been able to do that 2 years ago xx

Thank you lovely people, will put body pump as 300 cals on the system xx

Mwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    I forgot to mention that I just created my own exercise "Bodypump" and log it under that.
  • Fit_Britt
    Fit_Britt Posts: 35 Member
    I wear a heart rate monitor and I burn about 600 calories in 60 min.