Hot juice?

Options
mummy_gerdes
mummy_gerdes Posts: 336 Member
Hi everyone!!

i love to make a fresh juice for breakfast but with the cold mornings now (i live in england!) i would love to have a warm juice but the only ones i can find are apple. do you have any ideas or recipies for me? i have a juicer and a blender so thats not a problem. but i find that having cereal and toast or something i am really missing my juices!!

thanks in advance guys!

Claire. xxx

Replies

• stangma
    stangma Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Try V8 and tomato juice - I get the low-sodium versions. They are great on cold mornings or evenings!
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I had a hot juice yesterday that was delicious. I don' t have the exact ingredients since it was served to me, but it was Carrot, Orange, Pineapple with Cinnamon added. Very tasty.
  • ninpiggy
    ninpiggy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Try V8 and tomato juice - I get the low-sodium versions. They are great on cold mornings or evenings!

This. I add cayenne pepper to mine though. It gives it an added kick. Awesome.
  • cdstadt
    cdstadt Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Try tea with hot apple juice instead of water if you haven't yet.

Hot carrot/ginger juice, blackberry/strawberry or any kind of berry juice is good warm
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I made a cranberry/apple hot cider once. I think that one had either cinnamon or red hots in it. I will see if I still have the recipe....

Hot Cranberry Cider
    1/4 c. brown sugar (can use less)
    3 cinnamon sticks
    1 T. whole cloves
    6 c. cranberry juice
    8 c. apple juice
    Can put the cloves in a cheesecloth and tie shut. Combine everything and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and keep warm. Can put in crockpot or on the stove. It was really good at Christmas time! :)

Or you could probably just warm some cranberry and apple juice to drink and serve with a cinnamon stick if you don't need that much.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Mulled wine. Good way to start the day lol
  • mummy_gerdes
    mummy_gerdes Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the ideas - i will definatley be trying some of them!!! :happy: