Losing weight in my stomach area

Options
My biggest problem is my STOMACH!! I could use some suggestions on how to shed the fat I have collected around there faster. I've been walking and watching what I eat and I have lost weight, it's just that my middle seems to be taking longer than the rest. I need exercise and/or diet tips.

Replies

• stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    saddly you can not spot reduce the weight will come off where and when it wants just hang in there and it will happen.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    saddly you can not spot reduce the weight will come off where and when it wants just hang in there and it will happen.

This.

Any "diet", "exercise program" that claims to ZOMG!1! REDUCE BELLY FAT IN 6 WEEKS!!11!" is simply a marketing scam. You cannot choose where to lose weight from. Just keep the calorie deficit and eventually it will go down.
  • bbwceo1019
    bbwceo1019 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem & I know you cannot target belly fat, but I started doing crunches & it helped "lift" up my fat so that it did appear smaller - I am really happy with the results!!
  • Diggy2011
    Diggy2011 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have same problem but if you look thru sucess stories under 30 day shred its bloody hard work and tough to stick to but looking at the pics does definately work.
  • Matttdvg
    Matttdvg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Just keep eating right and exercising and it'll come off sooner or later. Unfortunately it's impossible to spot reduce fat. It'll go from wherever your body wants it to go from. Just keep at it and you'll lose it.
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else said, you can't spot reduce, but cardio (according to studies, running specifically) is the best way to get the fat off. So, cardio, strength (because muscle burns fat), and your food choices are what you need to be aware of. Chalene Johnson says abs start in the kitchen.
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce and as others said, hang in there. It will come off eventually.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    it will come off with overall bf% decrease. Just be patient.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Try strength training. I know since I started lifting weights it has
    helped my middle get a little smaller and if nothing else firmer.
    Good Luck :bigsmile:
    Try a DVD and get lifting. :wink:
  • tracy1031
    Options
    I have the same issue. My bust, waist, and hips are all within 2" of each other. =-( I have seen a big difference recently since I took a boot camp class. We did a lot of what's called the tabata or high-intensity interval training method - any exercise, done in intervals of high, medium, and low intensity. This explains it pretty well: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-intensity_interval_training It increases your resting metabolic rate for 24 hours after your workout, more so than traditional steady pace workouts. Add weight training or resistance to boost your metabolism even more.
  • janiedoe111
    janiedoe111 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I know my stomach has shrunk, but it would be wonderful if it would shrink as much as all my other parts!

I know it's tough, hang in there. :)
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I'm bigger around my tummy too.. I have been wearing a sauna belt around it when I exercised and that area does seem to sweat more with it on.. I've lost 8" off my tummy, and gone from size 20 to size 16.. which I'm thrilled about!
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I think that is a problem most women share, especially after having kids! The more weight I lose the more comes off the belly. Keep it up and it will eventually show.
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    The only thing that is going to reduce your stomach area is weight loss. As other have pointed out, spot reduction is a myth. Infomercials make their living this way. Peddling the next ab machine.
  • AdrienneKaren
    AdrienneKaren Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I have a Zumba Flat Abs video. It's 17min long. It's kind of a mix of cardio and standing crunches in different positions. I've done it almost everyday for a week and my stomach is beginning to firm up. I can't say I've lost any fat in the middle, but firming up the muscles is definitely helping my overall appearance.