MFP Runners Club Jan 22nd

Options
Good morning! Today I did a 45 min tempo run, 15 minutes on the stair stepper and I'm going to the gym on my lunch break to pump some iron :happy:

Have a fabulous day!

Replies

• RunningSteph
    Options
    Good morning! Today I did a 45 min tempo run, 15 minutes on the stair stepper and I'm going to the gym on my lunch break to pump some iron :happy:

Have a fabulous day!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hi runners! 4 mile run on the TM for me this morning, felt great and pushed the intervals to a 7:30 pace. Will do pushups and Ab RipperX later!

Jess
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    First run for me in a week. Did 6.5 miles (in the cold) (what's the point of living in Florida anyway?) (Actually, the point is, it' s only cold for a few days at a time, instead of months on end)
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    No run woke up to late to get my gear on and go into the cold so did 40 minutes on the elliptical and now off to teach a figure skating class.........:smile: Its been a while since I have skated hope I am better than the students:laugh:

Alisha
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    First run for me in a week. Did 6.5 miles (in the cold) (what's the point of living in Florida anyway?) (Actually, the point is, it' s only cold for a few days at a time, instead of months on end)

Bragger!! :laugh: J/k I could have run outdoors today, it was actually in the 20's! Almost balmy... :huh:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    No run woke up to late to get my gear on and go into the cold so did 40 minutes on the elliptical and now off to teach a figure skating class.........:smile: Its been a while since I have skated hope I am better than the students:laugh:
    Alisha

I love ice skating and it's a great workout too! Have fun!
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Went to the dr. this morning. I have an upper respitory thing going on. Antibotics for 5 days until better. Uggh. I have a race on Sunday I may miss now.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Went to the dr. this morning. I have an upper respitory thing going on. Antibotics for 5 days until better. Uggh. I have a race on Sunday I may miss now.

Bummer! Hope you feel better soon, usually the meds kick in pretty quickly! I remember when I got strep throat 2 days before my tri... I ended up doing it anyway! :laugh:
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options

Bummer! Hope you feel better soon, usually the meds kick in pretty quickly! I remember when I got strep throat 2 days before my tri... I ended up doing it anyway! :laugh:

I have every intention of running this race on Sunday. :laugh: DH may have other ideas but that will be the 4th day on the meds and I also got an inhaler today. I will take that on the trail to use in case I need it. :smokin:
  • runTararun
    Options
    Hi! I just joined mfp. This is a very cool site. I am excited to run my first half in May and I really need to clean up my nutrition. After taking a couple weeks off (due to injury), I ran 2 miles this morning. I think I injured my itbs, so I have to start back easy. I was running 20+ miles a week before this happened.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I have every intention of running this race on Sunday. :laugh: DH may have other ideas but that will be the 4th day on the meds and I also got an inhaler today. I will take that on the trail to use in case I need it. :smokin:

You sound like me! I'm sure you will be running by Sunday! :flowerforyou:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hi! I just joined mfp. This is a very cool site. I am excited to run my first half in May and I really need to clean up my nutrition. After taking a couple weeks off (due to injury), I ran 2 miles this morning. I think I injured my itbs, so I have to start back easy. I was running 20+ miles a week before this happened.

Welcome! I am also running a half mary in May, but it will be my 3rd! I have had ITBS, it's NOT fun. Make sure you are stretching, icing, and back off on the mileage if you need to! The elliptical was my friend for a while. :grumble:
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all! I did 6.5 miles today... great workout. I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday!
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    So after teaching figure skating I got a coffee because I was cold and got some energy. I decided to do 4 miles thanks to Dunkin Donuts Coffee....

So I got a run in Yeah!!
    Alisha