Under Calorie Intake

Options
Ok so iv been under my calorie intake by at the most, a couple hundred calories, and the least, 90 calories.. Iv just had a lovely dinner of beans on toast with a little cheese, as my boyfriend is away and he hates beans so this is my guilty pleasure! I have 298 calories left for today, and while i might have an options hot chocolate later, 40 calories isnt really going to make a dent in that.. What should i do when i have this much left? Leave it as it is, or have something naughty?

Replies

• Donna_T_B
    Donna_T_B Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My own personal opinion... if you're not hungry, leave it.
  • missy5277
    missy5277 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    i normally have 200 or more calories left at night and i just leave them. I personally think why eat if i'm not hungry, you never know you may end up one night over and these extra calories could come in handy!
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    What is your calorie allotment?
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    If you're not hungry then don't worry about it :D
  • LiveEnjoyEndure
    LiveEnjoyEndure Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    If you have calories left and you feel like you need a reward go ahead...you will stay on track for your calorie goal and feel great too. Although avoid foods that will make you feel guilty (like you have done something wrong) as these will effect to self-esteem and reduce your motivation.
  • ninelives58
    ninelives58 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Agree. Leave it. Another day during the week you might go over, then it all sort of balances out. That's my approach anyway.
  • irefusetoquit
    Options
    Leave it as it is. There's nothing wrong with being under caloric intake. As they say, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Personally, I eat about 1600-2000 calories daily. I also exercise, which burns over 350 calories. So my daily total is between 1250-1650 calories. Plus I drink a lot of water.

Just a tip. :)
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Assuming your appetite is healthy, I think you should listen to your body - if you aren't hungry, don't force it.
  • silkkat50
    silkkat50 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Well, my calorie intake for losing weight is 1200, I think just a cuppa and a biscuit would go down quite nicely.. Im a bit of a chocoholic, so i think if i have anything like that, il just feel guilty about it, even if i stay under calorie goal. As you all said, if i end up going over one night then this will come in handy :)
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I almost always use any remainder for some delicious beer. YUM!
  • KatiD83
    KatiD83 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm on a 1500 calorie/day diet and most days with exercise I still have 200-400 calories left. If I'm not hungry, I won't eat just to make up the difference. I look at it as I'm saving those extra for the days I do go over, that way I don't feel guilty. Most days I'm able to hit at least 1300-1400 calories before exercise. Then again, some days I'm just so busy with school I don't have time to eat that much.