cooking around the world

Options
2»

Replies

• horaks
    horaks Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    What a fun thing to do, I hope you keep us posted on your Tour-and I will come back with some recipes
  • WiiTastic
    WiiTastic Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    This is a healthy soup interpretation of the classic but calorie-rich butter chicken. I can thoroughly recommend this dish - it is really delicious and very filling. http://www.healthyfood.co.nz/recipes/2007/may/butter-chicken-soup

I made this Thai Chicken Curry the other night - http://www.healthyfood.co.nz/recipes/2007/june/hfg-thai-chicken-curry. Delicious with fresh coriandar.
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    chicken Tikka Masala for the win! I didn't have any heavy cream so I just used a little extra yogurt. It wasn't as creamy as what I'm used to but it tasted the same. I also made yeast free naan which turned out delicious....only problem being that I almost caught the house on fire....apparently you can't use parchment paper in the oven past 400 degrees OOPS. I have no fun fact about India because the library closed when I went to get a cool documentary

Next stop? Israel, my husband is in charge of cooking that meal so I have no idea what it is other than talapia
  • VeganInTraining
    Options
    can anyone send some japanes recipes my way? I have a delicious looking one that my husband would probably not like much :( lol....I'm looking for breakfast ideas as well as dinner. Next week we're going to japan! :)
  • jaxson1974
    Options
    Not sure it's ethnic, but haggis is yummy :L

Instructions

Take a sheep
    Kill your sheep
    Take out sheeps organs and offal bits
    Clean out stomach
    mix other organs with vegetables and grains of your choice
    Stuff stomach with mixture
    Tie up and boil until cooked

:D

Or, go to supermarket, buy it and microwave :L

Forgot interesting fact!
    Okay, um, Scotland is the ONLY country in the world where Coca cola is NOT the leading soft drink... Irn bru is!
    (Which is probably why they don't sell it in America :P)

LOVE haggis, and I love Irn Bru, which thankfully I can buy in Canada. There is no better cure for a hangover than Irn Bru!
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Super easy Japanese breakfast: tamago kake gohan. It is literally just a bowl of rice with raw egg (and soy sauce, if you want).

Beat the egg, mix in a splash of soy sauce, and stir this into your cooked rice.
  • VeganInTraining
    Options
    Super easy Japanese breakfast: tamago kake gohan. It is literally just a bowl of rice with raw egg (and soy sauce, if you want).

Beat the egg, mix in a splash of soy sauce, and stir this into your cooked rice.

sounds good to me...hubby wont eat anything raw though, but I could do rice with the sweet egg they make (I forget what it's called) I also got a book from the Library called "Japanese women don't get fat or old" It's kinda like an autobiography but with recipes mixed in....I hope that she puts some breakfast sutff in there!
  • VeganInTraining
    Options
    yesterday hubby "took" me to Israel. We had fried fish, white rice, salad and flat bread....no forks. He did an awesome job at painting a picture (in my brain) of what the surrounding area looks like and how it would be served at a resturant. It was DELICIOUS! Next time he wants to do a traditional passover meal. Then today I had cold left-over fish with rice for breakfast which is pretty much a japanese breakfast but I'm not going to count it because we are going to do a complete japanese day in 2 weeks.

So.....who has other suggestions of a country to go to? or even an area of the US. Does anyone have any good southern meals or anything like that?