I <3 MFP

Options
shenkoo
shenkoo Posts: 5 Member
I can't do diets successfully as depriving myself certain foods makes me crave them. Since moving to the US my portion control changed. I got used to the much larger portions they serve over here, and slowly and surely gained weight.

MFP is allowing me to take control and to re-educate myself on food portion size. I'm still not depriving myself of any foods AND I'm losing weight. My clothes feel loose and I'm just feeling so happy and encouraged right now.

I tried Atkins a few months ago and I hated every minute of it. I have now lost the same amount of weight I did on Atkins during the induction phase only it took a week and a half longer but I'm a whole lot happier :l:smile:

I love reading these boards, they are true inspiration!

Replies

• shenkoo
    shenkoo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I can't do diets successfully as depriving myself certain foods makes me crave them. Since moving to the US my portion control changed. I got used to the much larger portions they serve over here, and slowly and surely gained weight.

MFP is allowing me to take control and to re-educate myself on food portion size. I'm still not depriving myself of any foods AND I'm losing weight. My clothes feel loose and I'm just feeling so happy and encouraged right now.

I tried Atkins a few months ago and I hated every minute of it. I have now lost the same amount of weight I did on Atkins during the induction phase only it took a week and a half longer but I'm a whole lot happier :l:smile:

I love reading these boards, they are true inspiration!
  • mandersen16
    Options
    You are a true inspiration! And this is much healthier than following any "diet" because you will lose it and keep it off.

We do have large portions here which makes it hard to go out and eat. But as long as we are educating ourselves, we should be good!

Thank you for your comments!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!