I LOVE SWEET POTATOES!

Options
And they are super in season.

So give me you best low fat sweet potato recipes!! :)

Yuuuummm

Replies

• Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I like to cut mine up, sprinkle em with tony's spicy seasoning, and bake 'em like french fries!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I LOVE SWEET POTATOES TOO!!!!

I just bake them in the oven and eat them like bananas.
  • Beauty0619
    Beauty0619 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    nothing fancy, but I just bake mine and eat them piping hot!!!! it's sooo delish!!
  • stephaniej05
    Options
    Baked with a dash of cajun seasoning!
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/whipped-sweet-potatoes-and-bananas-with-honey-recipe2/index.html

not healthy but my favorite sweet potato recipe....

I also like to bake them and eat the with soy sauce
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Funny, as I read this I am eating hashbrown sweet potato with spicy italian sausage and a poached egg. Yum!!! Sweet potato fries are da bomb too!
  • jlc1243
    jlc1243 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    cubed and and cooked with chicken and baby carrots with a little sugar free maple syrup, very yummy!
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I like to slice them up, bake them in the oven and then drizzle some honey on top.

French fries are tasty, too!

My favourite though is boiling them with plums, apricots (or plumcots), draining, then mashing into a puree with cinnamon and nutmeg, then throwing it back in the oven to brown up. Soooo tasty! Like healthy, crustless pumpkin pie.
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Love em too!! :love:
  • amberwebb79
    amberwebb79 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    You should see the 6lbs 3oz Sweet Potato I dug up from my garden this year!
  • nomorearmflab
    Options
    I was thinking about this last night tooooo. I really want to make a healthy sweet potato fry cause they are my favorite.
    I think I'm going to bake them for 10-15 minutes then keep an eye on them while I broil them for a few minutes ( just to get a super crispy outside)
    salt and a little bit of olive oil before hand. Not forgetting to keep the skins on of course!
  • pbl1966
    pbl1966 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My family loves baked sweet potatoe fries. Peel, slice, spray with a little olive oil and toss with cinnamon, salt and pepper. Bake at 400 and turn a couple times.
  • pattycupcake
    pattycupcake Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i make sweet potato hash: peel and large dice 2 sweet potatoes and one onion, toss with 1T of olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. bake in the oven at 400 for 15-20 minutes, shaking the pan halfway to keep from sticking.

it's tasty as a side dish, or i top it with a sunny side up egg!
  • svanhoecke
    Options
    You should see the 6lbs 3oz Sweet Potato I dug up from my garden this year!

EPIC!
  • TVstfne
    TVstfne Posts: 19
    Options
    I really like this curried sweet potato shepherd's pie recipe:

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/recipefinder/curried-sweet-potato-shepherds-pie-ghk0308
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Super easy and tasty sweet potato fries, just toss them with minced garlic, parsley and olive oil.
    Bake.
    Enjoy.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    A lighter Thanksgiving version for the crockpot. Betty Crocker .... I think.

Peel & cube sweet potatoes. Place in a crockpot. Add unsweetened applesauce mixed with brown sugar, melted butter, and cinnamon.
    Cook on high (4 hours). Serve with a slotted spoon - most of the sauce drains off.
  • svanhoecke
    Options
    These all sound yummy so far! Keep em coming!
  • paulagj
    paulagj Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Love 'em too! I mash mine sometimes. Boil or bake, mash 'em & add a little honey & cinnamon.
  • batgirlmama
    batgirlmama Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    http://greenlitebites.com/2011/10/10/sweet-potato-black-bean-chili/

This is awesome!!!!! 140 calories per serving too - sweet potato/blackbean chili~