has anyone done a blog on C25k?

Options
I am interested in reading about other people's journeys with c25k. I am new at it and need motivating....Please let me know and I would love to read about it...Thanks so much!

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I blogged about it while I was doing it on here, and on my personal blog: http://www.isthisbliss.com/?p=39

I write a lot about running and racing on my blog, too. I started with C25K in December, did a few races starting in March, and won my first awards in my last two races in the past few weeks!
  • carolinedb
    carolinedb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Google it--there are some great ones out there that helped motivate me!
  • jaxdiablo
    jaxdiablo Posts: 580
    Options
    I'll be starting a blog on mine for next week. It's gonna suck at first. lol I'll be doing crossfit m/w/f and c25k t/th/sat and laying comatose on Sunday.

It's gonna be GREAT!
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    I think it is great program.
    I would digest that when doing this program the main goal is to complete it. If you have trouble with a week its ok to repeat that week until you are able too. Also if you have to slow down to complete the run then do so, your building endurance you can work on your speed later. Don't compare yourself to others, your different from anyone else so your progress maybe slower or faster than the next persons.

Enjoy it!!!
  • naturaldoc
    naturaldoc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I haven't done a blog on it, but I can tell you it works! I started the app a month ago. I really struggled to go on even a walk before. My kids complain about how slow I walked etc. I am obese, not just overweight, but used to be fit in the past. I started the app and I remember struggling to make the minute of running! I would watch the app countdown clock and hoping I'd make it. Now I'm up to 16 minutes running - 5 run, 3 W, 6 run, 3 W, 5 Run and love it. The key has been to repeat a day or two as needed. I run 4-5x a week. If I've struggled with a run, then I repeat it one more day before I move forward. Remember it's a race to get healthy, not to the finish.

Keep it up!
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    I think it is great program.
    I would suggest that when doing this program the main goal is to complete it. If you have trouble with a week its ok to repeat that week until you are able too. Also if you have to slow down to complete the run then do so, your building endurance you can work on your speed later. Don't compare yourself to others, your different from anyone else so your progress maybe slower or faster than the next persons.

Enjoy it!!!
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    If you would like to read our C25K Beginner thread...here is the link. I think you will find it encouraging.
    Here is the Beginner - week one thread. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/356279-c25k-beginners-challenge-join-now

Week two thread if you would still like to read more:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/361937-c25k-week-2

And if you are STILL wanting to read more...we are in Week 3 now and you can see how everyone is doing on this thread.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/367892-c25k-week-3

Keep pushing forward.
  • MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone- I am pretty nervous because I begin 2nd week after today. I just completed the 3rd run today from wk 1. I may just repeat another one of the levels from this week. I just need to keep an eye on my knees. I am only 31 but my knees seem to get sore very easily from other exercises I do and then if I add the running, it gets tough. I have slowed down on the other activities to focus more on c25k. I have been blogging, just for my sake- anyone is free to read!
  • healthysew
    healthysew Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • tntmom87
    tntmom87 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This may be a silly question....but would jogging in place work for this? I downloaded the app to my phone and would love to do it, but because of my work schedule and having my two kids constantly, going out for a run is out of the question, and I don't own a treadmill.
  • MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    This may be a silly question....but would jogging in place work for this? I downloaded the app to my phone and would love to do it, but because of my work schedule and having my two kids constantly, going out for a run is out of the question, and I don't own a treadmill.
    Not sure. good question- I suppose it would increase your heart rate and you would get a great workout- you would increase your endurance- I just don't think it would be AS effective as actually running. Just my thoughts.