Difficult to find a low cal eating plan.

Options
2»

Replies

• MoniQ
    MoniQ Posts: 22
    Options
    I was just checking out a meal plan of a fitness model Nicole Spitzack who looks fantasticand eats the following on a normal day , this is usually what i eat during the day as well :

Breakfast: 1 cup Fiber One or Shredded Wheat, ½ cup skim milk
    Mid-Morning Snack: Protein Shake
    Lunch: Tuna sandwich, Salad
    Mid-Afternoon Snack: Protein Shake or Fiber One Bar
    Dinner: Chicken or Fish, 2 different veggies

Is this too little ?
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    It's hard to tell...she doesn't give any measurements. It looks like an okay guideline, but it's better to eat a variety of foods that are wholesome and available in your area. There's really no need to try to stick to a strict list.
  • kchabby76
    Options
    I cannot say that I know how to answer your question about protein as I don't know your body and health personally. I DO know from all my research and from my doctor that chicken and fish are the best sources of protein you can get. Animal protein break down easier in the body than plant proteins. Red meat- even if it is lean- is still more fatty than the chicken and fish. I try to eat only 1 red meat/week. If you really want to get a better idea of what is good for your body particularly; I would suggest going to your doctor in conjunction with a nutritionist if you can. They would be able to tell you exactly what is going to be your best bet for maintaining weight and building muscle.
  • kchabby76
    Options
    Here is one article from Men's Fitness about eating protein to build muscle mass.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1608/is_5_19/ai_100545125
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Looks like MoniQ is gone.
  • kchabby76
    Options
    Hmmmmm