HRM Question - When do you stop yours?

Options
This is just out of curiousity really...

After a workout, when do you stop your HRM? Do you stop it the moment you stop moving, when you've got your breath back, when you've rested for a few minutes, or when your heart rate is back to normal?

I stop mine when my heart rate drops below 100, but I always wonder what other people do. (I could read the manual, but that would be too easy!)

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I usually stop it once I get in the car after walking out of the gym. Hey walking out of the gym to my car is still exercise right? :laugh:
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    during my cool down...typically hovers around 85-90....
  • markmanby
    markmanby Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I stop mine when i finish exercising as i can then pull my calories burned off it.
  • ItsMeLori
    ItsMeLori Posts: 346
    Options
    I stop mine when my heart rate drops to around 90
  • Gypsymorph51
    Options
    Interesed in what people have to say to this. As for myself, I have been stopping mine as soon as I complete the exercise session. BUT, I have wondered what others do, as I am aware the calories burned will continue to add up until you are at resting HR again.

Bumpity-Bump :smile:
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I start mine when I begin my 5 min warm-up and stop after my 5 min cool-down.
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    when i'm done with my cool down and stretch as i'm walking back to the locker room.
  • froggzy1015
    froggzy1015 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I usually wait until my HR is out of zone to stop it, which is under 124 for me. By the time I do a cool-down it's ready to be stopped. Sometimes after I run or walk I'll stretch and bring my HR down too. Hope that helps!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I stop mine when I'm done my after work-out stretch/cool down. Never thought to watch my heart rate as it drops during this period as other do - might try that tomorrow out of curiosity.
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I stop mine as soon as my heart rate drops below 115. I always account for the warm-up and cool-down calories burned. :)
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    When my heart rate gets back to normal. But I wore it the the grocery store one day and burned like 200 calories, but that was when I first got it.
  • BobinNC66
    BobinNC66 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Usually after I am done doing a slow down cool walk, but I really like the idea of doing it after my HR is below 100!
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I stop mine after I am finished stretching.
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I wait until my my heart rate drops to around 90, then I stop it. :o)
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I stop it as I am getting off the machine or getting up from the bench.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I stop mine right away... after my last stride, pedal stroke, rep, etc.
  • SheaHF
    SheaHF Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Along the lines of HRMs, I'm in the market for one--Which HRM do you recommend? What should I look for when I buy mine?
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I stop mine right when I stop exercising. I know the calories continue to burn for a bit - but I figure those are bonus cals! :bigsmile: Hide them and then I won't be as tempted to EAT them! (Yes - I eat back most of my exercise cals... and once I am closer to goal and not morbidly obese - I probably won't be able to hide those calories from myself anymore.)
  • Altiv
    Altiv Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I stop mine after the cool-down when my heart drops below 130 ;)
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    when my HR recovers to my normal level...