looking for a diet

okay i am trying to lose weight and cut down body fat but i am kinda picky when it comes ot eating stuff so i am lookign for suggestions on good cheap foods to eat to lose weight and lose fat any help would be much apreciated

Replies

• MFP is great if you are picky - there are no foods that are off-limits!!!
    Just plug in your FAVOURITE foods, and try to meet your calorie/macro goals for the day!

Some Food Suggestions:
    Fish
    Chicken
    Ground Turkey
    Fruit
    Vegetables
    Greek Yogurt
    Dried Fruits & Nuts
    Potatoes
    Couscous
    Shrimp
    Eggs
    Barley
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Individual food sources are largley meaningless outside of the context of daily nutrition. You should first discover roughly how many calories you need to maintain weight, and then eat less than that value, consistantly. MFP will help you do this.

Once you have this approximate daily goal, choose foods you enjoy eating to hit those totals.

Lastly, it is worth noting that choosing whole and nutrient dense foods would likely give you better micronutrients than eating jelly beans all day, but in terms of strictly weight loss that's irrelevant.
  • thanks both of you for your help
  • degausspdx
    degausspdx Posts: 25 Member
    Try this for a meal.
    5-6 OZ thinly sliced beef (lean)
    1c thinly shreadded cabbage.
    1/2c thin sliced onion
    1 jalapeno
    Juce of 1 lime.
    oil of choice (1-2tsp)

Saute' the onion until translucent. add beef, brown, add cabbage and jalapeno and finish intil cabbage is tender. add lime juce when done. Calories are low and it's quite tasty and easy for a quick lich or dinner. Can substitue chicken for beef. Depending on sources your total mea counts should be under 400 cal. Rice is a good side with this. Cabbage is a good filler food to have at meal time. So are other high fiber vegies.