Hubby and Wife - Doin it together!!

Options
2»

Replies

• landay
    landay Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Two years ago we lost 70lbs total for both of us and just recently started this a few weeks ago, not working at it together as much and that is a bad thing because then one person gets accused of being the diet police, typically me, when I ask why didn't log in, and that makes me an insensitive @#$%# . So I don't say much anymore and just hope we can be an example for each other, if I do good maybe she will and vice versa!

Being an example is the absolute best way to go!!
  • wilkin_rebecca
    wilkin_rebecca Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My husband has joined this a few days after me, although the last couple days he doesn't seem to care what he is eating and what his portions are, hoping he gets over that hump. I am not being deterred by his bad eating, i am so committed to this.
  • landay
    Options
    Thanks so much for all of the compliments!!! It's turning out to be such an enjoyable journey!!

Also, to all the women who said that it was frustrating that their husbands lose weight so much faster.... I completely agree!!! I had to get over the fact (around week 1) that my husband was going to lose faster than me, and that was that. At the end of the day it's not a contest, but about getting healthy.... but darn those men for being able to lose so fast!!
  • landay
    Options
    My husband has joined this a few days after me, although the last couple days he doesn't seem to care what he is eating and what his portions are, hoping he gets over that hump. I am not being deterred by his bad eating, i am so committed to this.

Good for you!!!!! Even though it's amazing to have the support of a spouse, you have to be ready to do it all on your own, in case they aren't doing so well. I'll bet he'll follow your amazing example soon enough :-)
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Me and my husband are doing this together too :) Although I do get frustrated because he has been doing this for less time then me and managed to take off 30lbs in about 2 months and me...13lbs in almost 3 months. But I am so proud of him and he is looking mighty good!!!!

So keep up the good work it is alwasy easier to making healthier choices when other people in the house are too!
  • littleenginethatcan
    Options
    You and your husband look wonderful. You look healthy and happy! Congratulations on your successes.

I think that it is essential to have a supportive partner. My husband does not use MFP, but he does try and work out with me, and is willing to eat my concoctions. LOL. Yesterday, I came home with two large portabella mushroom caps, told him to pretend it was steak. He said..."that is NOT a steak". He ate it, and admitted that it was good...but still, "not a steak." :happy:
  • coloradocuppiecake
    Options
    That is great! Congrats
  • wilkin_rebecca
    wilkin_rebecca Posts: 51 Member
    Options

Good for you!!!!! Even though it's amazing to have the support of a spouse, you have to be ready to do it all on your own, in case they aren't doing so well. I'll bet he'll follow your amazing example soon enough :-)

Thank you, I know it would be nice if he would stick to it, but i need to worry about myself.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Yeah I cant thank my wife for as much as she has done for me with this. She started doing it to support me (since then she has stopped) but she does make an effort to cook healthier meals for me for dinner and for my lunch and what not. She will even add up the calories (most of the time) for me and write them on the baggy's!

Shes lost 17 lbs and Ive lost nearly 70(probably 70 by tomorrows weigh in). She has been very helpful, it is much easier for me when I have a support team at home. There has been some bumps in the road with dedication from her but overall Id give her an A.

Probably why I havent included a lot of friends in mfp but I may be on the lookout for some since my rl friends have kinda stopped doing it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!