to eat a kiwi...

cut in half, scoop out with spoon, enjoy. it is it's own bowl. who knew?

(probably a bunch of you, but i'd never heard of this before - yay kiwis!)

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    You can eat it like an apple, too.

Takes practice to get used to chewing a furry thing.
  • sarah44254
    Now, I would really love a kiwi.
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    there where kiwi berries at my store the other day, they are super tiny kiwis without the fur. yum!
  • It's so messy though!
    I usually carve the skin off because scooping it out seems to be such a disaster with me lol.
  • Mmm... kiwis... their accents make them the most delicious....

...wait, we're not talking about the same thing here, are we? ;3
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    I always cut it like an apple until last week when I had someone tell me to eat it with a spoon. I think I may have to go find some kiwi after school today because it sounds delish right now!
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member

more power to you! i was just commenting on a 'weird texture' thread, and now that i have this on my mind, i'll have to add it on the list. i don't think i could ever accomplish eating kiwi skin unless it was under extreme duress!

:noway:
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,271 Member
    wow I was thinking this was a whole other type of thread about new Zealanders...sorry
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    cut in half, scoop out with spoon, enjoy. it is it's own bowl. who knew?

(probably a bunch of you, but i'd never heard of this before - yay kiwis!)

It's my favorite way to eat them! And cutting them in half makes it into 2 kiwis to eat! Win-win!
  • sarah44254

more power to you! i was just commenting on a 'weird texture' thread, and now that i have this on my mind, i'll have to add it on the list. i don't think i could ever accomplish eating kiwi skin unless it was under extreme duress!

:noway:

It was made easier by the fact it was a 3rd grade dare from my teacher. She would eat them apple-way and encouraged us to do the same. Nutrients are held in the skin of most fruits, kiwi included :wink:

P.S. I do enjoy a good kiwi accent now and then. Had a kiwi leader on my team in a video game...it was quite enjoyable :bigsmile:
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    I know a lot of people get grossed out by this, but I scrub the outside, lop off the ends, slice and eat it with the skin on. That's where all the nutrients are... YUM :)
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    if a kiwi shaver is ever developed, i would be open the possibility of eating the skin. in the meantime, so long as it is a hairy beast, i'll stick with.... :noway:

:laugh:
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    wow I was thinking this was a whole other type of thread about new Zealanders...sorry

Cannibalism. It's the newest thing for getting all your exercise calories back... except the airfare is a bit much for most of us.

(Yeah, I just discovered the spoon-out-the-kiwi thing too; carving them is a right pain in the ar-se.)
  • Ebbykins
    Ebbykins Posts: 420 Member

You missy are insane, lol, well insane to me, I get a tongue rash if there is any furry stuff left on the fruit, I have to wash a lot of it off before even cutting into it or I get a swollen tongue and my mouth feels itchy! LOL. :D
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    My grocery store has this super-cool machine next to the kiwi in the produce section. It peels them for you in the store! That way, when I get home, I just pick one up and eat it!
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    We can't have topics like this on MFP..... Plus I didn't think New Zealanders liked to be called Kiwi's....

ohhhh you mean the delicious fruit that pairs well with strawberries...continue!
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    i would cut someone for an effing kiwi right now... off to the store after work!! :drinker:
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    This is my favorite kiwi:

jemaine-clement.jpg

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Adore kiwis (all kinds!)

4581915.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    This is my favorite kiwi:

jemaine-clement.jpg

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

He makes me want to sort out the recycling and put on a baggy old ugly t-shirt. *swoon*