HRM- use during breaks?

Options
I just got a HRM and had a question- during classes at the gym do you pause it during quick breaks (when the trainer is explaining the next move, grabbing a quick drink, switching activities, etc) or do you keep it running the whole time during the class? Sometimes she talks for about 2 minutes, sometimes just a few seconds so it's hard to tell how long it will be, but i know im still panting during the breaks!

Replies

• Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    No, only if your heart rate drops back down to near resting.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I work out at home, but I keep mine running the whole time (i.e. if I have to stop to pee, drink water, wrangle some kids). Your heart rate will still be up so no need to stop.
  • korygilliam
    korygilliam Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Agree--leave it running unless your heart rate drops back down to normal...then pause it until you get going again
  • GeoJenna223
    GeoJenna223 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other responders. As long as your heart rate doesn't get back down to resting, leave it on. When I go to the gym, I stretch, then do some type of cardio for about 45 minutes, then walk downstairs to the weight room for about 30 minutes, then stretch again. I leave my HRM measuring the entire time.