What are you doing?

Big or little...What have you done to stay motivated to workout and eat right this week?

I bought a new pair of running shoes yesterday.....I'm ready to try them out this afternoon. :smile:

Replies

• pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Big or little...What have you done to stay motivated to workout and eat right this week?

I bought a new pair of running shoes yesterday.....I'm ready to try them out this afternoon. :smile:
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    I make sure I get on the treadmill at least once a day. Yesterday I did it twice = an hr workout. This week is my "at least 45min" a day on the treadmill....New shoes is a great way to stay motivated...I get new running shoes every March....My real motivation is me turning 40 this yeatr...I want to feel and look good...better than ever!

dd
  • I purchase some new workout clothes and gym shoes!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    One of my motivations is that I would like to have another baby soon (so I can get big again! :laugh: ) and I'd like to be able to enjoy a smaller body for a little while anyway!
  • erin83070
    erin83070 Posts: 78 Member
    I'm trying some type of new activity at least once a week. Last week was tae kwon do. This week, I'm going to try yoga.
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    I tried on my "goal" pants...I can get them on AND buttoned! Now I just need to lose enough that I can sit comfortably:laugh: .
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    I picture myself in a skirt that comes ABOVE my knees and a cute spagetti string top in the summertime! :flowerforyou:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    My motivation-looked at myself in the mirror NAKED:sad: :cry: :sick: :huh:
    Also my kids. They cheer me on. My son loves to posts notes for me. One that he put on my steering wheel-Run Forrest Run. The little things that keep you going.
    Also, last night my husband grabbed my butt:blushing: (why do guys have to do that every time they walk by??) and this time he went back for seconds and held on and said, " Hey baby, you have been working that out. Feeling good.":laugh:
    That is what gets me going and also everybody here.
    Thanks all!!
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    I go to bellydance shows where the dancer's are fit...
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member

That's the only place I think I look good - it's all these darn clothes that make me look bad! Ok, maybe I'm a pre-Raphelite.
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    I look at a picture of myself that was taken a few years ago... when things were MUCH more toned:) Plus, I want to chop my hair and donate it to locks of love... so I would like my chubby face to get smaller too:)
  • filergirl
    filergirl Posts: 240
    I ordered myself two new fitness dvds: The NYC Ballet Complete Workout, and a power yoga title by Rodney Yee.
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    I look through the sears summer catalogue and remind myself that I WANT to be able to wear the cute summer clothes!
  • Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Thinking about summer and all the cute clothes I'll be able to fit in to keeps me eating right and working out. And reading all the posts here helps :smile:

:heart: Kels
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Hmmm........

Well at the end of last summer I bought a new swimsuit in a smaller size and threw last years out and the new one hangs in my closet where I have to look at it everyday and know that my big butt better fit into it this year because I hate paying full price for swimsuits and I'll be damned if I have to go spend $100 bucks on a lane giant size suit this year!!!

It helps that we have already planned a week at Coronado this summer and I will look better than last years vacation pictures...if it makes me ache and scream and cry all the way I will do it!! :happy:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Also my kids. They cheer me on. My son loves to posts notes for me. One that he put on my steering wheel-Run Forrest Run. The little things that keep you going.
    Also, last night my husband grabbed my butt:blushing: (why do guys have to do that every time they walk by??) and this time he went back for seconds and held on and said, " Hey baby, you have been working that out. Feeling good.":laugh:
    That is what gets me going and also everybody here.
    Thanks all!!

Too funny!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    One of my motivations is that I would like to have another baby soon (so I can get big again! :laugh: ) and I'd like to be able to enjoy a smaller body for a little while anyway!

Same here!!
    We want to have our third child in about a year or so.
    I want to be fit & healthy for the pregnancy.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • mrsjo79
    mrsjo79 Posts: 123
    Like mechanicmom & Healthier me, we plan on starting our family this year. So it would be nice to be thin for awhile but more importantly I want to be healthy!
  • so far I've seen consistant loss on the scale and that's a pretty big motivator...I'm almost at my first goal and I'll be buying some new workout clothes and new workout dvd!! I'm very excited about this!!
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Remember the old Special K ads that said, "If you can pinch an inch..." I can pinch a lot more than an inch so I've got to stay at it.

At 241 lbs and 30% body fat, I was considered "obese". Now I'm just considered "over weight" but I want to get down to the "normal" range. There is also this old guy at my gym who uses a walker to get himself to the treadmill. He looks to be in his 80's and it's a struggle for him to walk at 3.0 mph. If he can do it, I can do it!