Stress Cravings!

Options
Levedi
Levedi Posts: 290 Member
I've been super stressed lately - extra work at my job, looking for a new job in another part of the country, had bronchitis already this year, strained a tendon in my foot, and have insomnia which is leading to more migraines. So I'm stuffing my face with sweets and carbs, which I know is not good.

Any suggestions for veggies, etc for those times when you just have to gnaw on something?

Replies

• ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    Celery and carrot sticks
  • loseiteli
    loseiteli Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE celery, peanut butter and rasins. It its a little sweet, and a little salty.
  • crazybigchick
    Options
    celery and peanut butter!
    i am not a peanut butter fan and these never sound good, but they really and yummy and hit the spot.
    make tons of them in advance!
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Sorry to hear about all your stress, and illnesses x And major good luck with the job hunting x

I don`t know if you like swede? I used to love baked potatoes, but have discovered swede. you can dice it up put it in the microwave or just stab it to bits to let the steam out and put it in the microwave, add some grated cheese (low fat of course :-

It is very low cal and very filling.

If it is something sweet you are looking for then mash a banana with a teaspoon or 2 with nutella ;-)
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I love raw snap peas (the stringless, 'cause the strings are nasty) -- they got a good crunch, they're dark green, and they satisfy.
    Apples are ALWAYS good, and peanut butter on them is even better (lositeli -- peanut butter makes EVERYTHING better!).
    I also keep raw almonds in my desk, and dark-cocoa almonds for a treat.
    Fiber One cereal (any kind) is also good for fiber and protein, and it doesn't taste too bad either!
    Chobani yogurt is like dessert -- I love it.

Good luck!
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    try brocoli and salsa.
    Air popped popcorn
    Cough drops
    Gum
  • Maria_Goose
    Options
    Apple wedges!
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Too funny, hubby and I originally lived in your part of the area..off the 210fwy

Anyhow...I can't view your food diary..so, I really don't know how to help you...but you can view mine...I tend to eat 5-6 meals a day...because I tend to have that as well...so I fixed that craziness..and now I don't crave crazy items such as Doritos, Snickers and a Diet pepsi..bahahaha...

I was just thinking that recently..I don't crave anymore...like I use to...even if I'm stressed out..I tend to take it out at working out...and then the endorphins...help me.. :wink:

Are you drinking your water intake? Do you eat at crazy hours? Don't get me wrong..I had crazy eating times as well...and I slowly changed that....

Hope this helps..
    Rachael:flowerforyou:
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I LOVE TURNIPS RAW WITH JUST A BIT/HINT of sea salt... MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmMMMmmmmmm.
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    dry veggies with or without pb.. Dry veggies taste waaay better than I ever though they would lol
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Roasted crunchy vegge, air popcorn.
    Meditation, take a walk