Dizzy...

Options
When I was thin I used to "black out" whenever I stood up quickly. I had it checked out and all, and it was just due to having lower blood pressure.

So, I've only lost 6lbs...but the dizzys are returning! I dont actually fall or anything...my vision just gets fuzzy and dark for a few seconds. it sounds much worse than it is. I'm eating all my calories...so i'm not dizzy from under eating or anything like that. I figure my blood pressure is just getting lower again (at my heaviest it got up to 130/80...my thin normal was 110/60)...

Anyone else get dizzy?

Replies

• MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    When I was thin I used to "black out" whenever I stood up quickly. I had it checked out and all, and it was just due to having lower blood pressure.

So, I've only lost 6lbs...but the dizzys are returning! I dont actually fall or anything...my vision just gets fuzzy and dark for a few seconds. it sounds much worse than it is. I'm eating all my calories...so i'm not dizzy from under eating or anything like that. I figure my blood pressure is just getting lower again (at my heaviest it got up to 130/80...my thin normal was 110/60)...

Anyone else get dizzy?
  • mamashrub
    mamashrub Posts: 128
    Options
    yup, but I think its an inner ear thing..like you I had it before i started this whole weight loss thingy, so that is what I am chalking it up too..it wouldn't hurt toget it checked out.

127163.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mutkin
    mutkin Posts: 109
    Options
    That used to happen to me all the time when I was a teenager. I would get serious tunnel vision and then everything would go black. I didn't faint or anything....was just temporarily blind and sometimes my knees gave out a bit. 5 seconds later (if not sooner), I'd be back to normal. That has happened to me once since I got chubby and then downright fat.

I too have historically had very low blood pressure, though at my higher weights, it has gone up. I never put 2+2 together that it was related. (and of course, when I had these episodes I was a silly teenager who never thought of telling her doctor such things)

Thanks for posting your experience!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Not like that!!
    Sounds like you need to go back to the doctor for another check up, dearie!
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I do get that way sometimes. Not necessarily when I stand up but I'll just feel dizzy for a day with a really bad headache. I was thinking about going to my doctor to see what's going on. Or sometimes I'll feel really tired and worn out when I didn't even do anything! I don't think its my blood pressure cause mines like 98/50. So gosh maybe someone else has an answer for us! haha

~Leash
  • furrflys
    Options
    I used to when I was 100 lbs. I'd "grey out" all the time.
    Now that I'm 208lbs I get dizzy during the spring and fall, I think it's an inner ear thing now. I should get it checked out.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Ditto. I used to get the dizzyness in high school, then it went away. The doc said then it was because I have naturally low blood pressure. It usually happened during intense exercise.

Lately I've been getting them again. But not during exercise, I get them when I stand suddenly or sit up suddenly in bed. The doctor (a different one) told be to drink more but I already drink tons. As far as I know mine is cause by slightly low blood pressure. But it can also be caused by dehydration, inner ear infection and (I've heard) high blood pressure.