Hair help... c'mon ladies, give me some good product suggest

Options
dixiech1ck
dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
My hair used to be shiney, beautiful, never held a curl because it's not thick, I just have a lot of hair.

NOW.. it's frizzy (tries to go curly when I wash it -- sometimes it just frizzes terribly), feels very much like straw and it takes a hot iron to make it feel half decent. I don't always want to do this for fear of damaging it more. Right now, it's halfway down my back length wise.

Does anyone have any good product suggestions for less frizz or making it feel more healthy, soft, etc.?? Maybe a home remedy even?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• M77308
    M77308 Posts: 183
    Options
    My hair became really dry and frizzy after I had my daughter. I suggest biolage hydratherapie.. They have a shampoo and an extremely thick, moisturizing conditioner. It's done wonders for my hair.
  • Amanda0325
    Amanda0325 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Bed head moisture maniac.. specially in the winter.. its awesome!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Fish oil capsules will help with this :]
  • horaks
    horaks Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have thiner hair and use Nioxin
  • Gutierrezdesiree
    Gutierrezdesiree Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    its a 10 <
    great product line.
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I wash my hair with straight up coconut oil once a week. It works wonders!
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I personally am going through repairing my hair from a perm and have learned a few things. By the way, I use cheapo products and most are branded as Aussie.

As far as recovery goes its recommended to do a deep condition every week.

When I'm doing my regular hair stuff I spray heat protection on my hair to help shield it from damage from hairdryers and straighteners. I also have made sure to purchase a decent hair dryer/straightener (combine to be about $60) as they come with ceramic and technology to be nice to your hair. Aussie also has a leave in conditioner which can be nice to help your hair stay more soft during the day. I also use their smooth serum, shiner, de-frizzer, and split ends prevention to aid in the overall recovery of my hair and to help make it look as healthy as possible. My shampoo and conditioner is branded Aussie Moisture and helps to get rid of the dried out issue. I think Aussie is a great company with products for everything and I am able to easily purchase all this stuff at Walmart without breaking the bank.

I don't do home remedies or use salon products because I feel like the difference is too miniscule to cough up the time or money. I hope this helps a bit.
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    My hair is SUPER thick and prone to frizz. Here's what works for me:

--Good conditioner: essential!! I'm using Silky Sexy Hair for thick/coarse hair. It's yumminess!

--I flat iron mine and currently use Kenra platinum hot spray. It's freaking awesome!!! it has almost like hair spray in it, so it totally tames the hair when you straighten it.

--to finish, I use CHI pliable polish.....leaves a glisten, tames flyaways, and smells gorgeous!

Seriously....I've gone from frizzy to soft, silky, sexy hair. (I've used an iron daily for like 6 years now and haven't had one bit of damage from it. Keep it protected with good products and you will have gorgeous hair!)

**Edited to add: I get all my products from my hairdresser.....I won't touch finishing products off the shelf. There's a big difference!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    ojon
    expensive though
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Biosilk Silk Therapy, love it.
  • SimplyDeLish
    Options
    Two home remedies - mayo (full fat kind) and olive oil. Put them on your hair in the shower after you've shampooed - and rinsed with hot water. Wrap your head and leave on for at least 45 minutes.

Favorite commercial products: Joico's K-pro line. Kera Pro shampoo, K-pak deep conditioner, and Lite every day conditioner. Other favorite is Ojon - hydrating shampoo and conditioner. They also have a damage reverse - I've never tried it, but I've never tried an Ojon product I didn't like!

Good luck!
  • choconuts
    choconuts Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    its a 10 <
    great product line.

I LOVE It's a 10. I also love Biosilk.
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    You could try to find a leave-in product that will help with the frizz. I've heard that frizzy hair is hair that's desperate for moisture.
    I can't recommend any brands 'cause I'm abroad. Good luck!
  • Enginette
    Enginette Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Biosilk Silk Therapy, love it.

I second that!
  • moxette
    moxette Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    B12 is also good for hair. I do EmergenC in the morning 4 or 5 times a week and everytime I get off of it my hair goes to crap. So I am learning to stay on it!
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Are you crazy! I will never give up my secret! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I use Moroccan Oil products..there are hair masks that they have that are just amazing. My hair was so dry this summer from the pool, sun, working out and just on the go. I used it and it felt like I had just been to the salon. My hair was silky, shiny and felt great!
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I rotate the following:

Biolage
    BioSilk
    Bed Head
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Kerastase. I LOVE it. I have wavy, frizzy hair and live in Houston where the norm is 90% humidity. I've also been coloring/highlighting my hair for 15 years. Kerastase is amazing!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Go to the ethnic section of a Sally's Beauty Supply or beauty supply store and a deep conditioning treatment once or twice a week will do wonders. I went to cosmetology school and we had clients that would come in with super thick, curly hair and get them done a couple times a week and leave with awesome hair.

If you use a flat iron so often get a heat serum from Chi to protect your hair.

My son has thick, thick curly hair like I did growing up, my husband does also and I use a leave in conditioner for our son that is manage tangles and curls. It's made by Aussie and one of the only cheap off the shelf products I recommend.