Thoughts on Yoga

Options
2»

Replies

• Scoobies87
    Options
    I don't like yoga. In my class we have to chant and make weird whistling noises. I burn hardly any calories and had it not been for the fact I have paid for the 10 week course I wouldn't go.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    I don't like yoga. In my class we have to chant and make weird whistling noises. I burn hardly any calories and had it not been for the fact I have paid for the 10 week course I wouldn't go.

Sounds like you don't like THAT yoga. Maybe try a different place? I'd never pay up front without trying out a studio first. Most places will have really great new student discounts - mine does $10 for 10 days unlimited.
  • atay18
    atay18 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I do Vinyasa Yoga and sweat through my shirt and pants. I'm usually dripping by the time the class is over, and it isn't even Bikram! Ashtanga doesn't necessarily give me the sweat, but I almost always get sore after. I not only feel more flexible after class, but stronger as well. I'm beginning to see definition in my arms and back, and it is mostly from yoga. I disagree with the calories burned that MFP has, but don't have a HRM to figure it out myself.
  • Scoobies87
    Options

Sounds like you don't like THAT yoga. Maybe try a different place? I'd never pay up front without trying out a studio first. Most places will have really great new student discounts - mine does $10 for 10 days unlimited.

Yeah maybe it is the type of yoga. Unfortunately I live in the middle of nowhere so that is the only yoga class for miles!
  • elizabethdear95
    Options
    I do yoga 7 days a week. I'm hooked (: It makes you so stretchy!