ibs

Options
hi having a bad bout of ibs at the moment and have told to steer clear of wholemeal, red meat and have minimal salad and fruit until it eases ,has anyone any idea what i can actually eat ?

Replies

• SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Chicken
    Fish
    Pork
    Brown Rice
    Potaotes (Maybe broiled)
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Chicken and low-fat dairy should help with the protein side of things. I was never told I had IBS but after I had my gallbladder removed I suffered from terrible cramps, gas, and frequent trips to the bathroom. I now take 2 fiber pills in the morning along with a calcium supplement. It has worked wonders for me. Hope you feel better soon.
  • peachy1990
    Options
    Hi Tracie,

my diet over the past 3 months has consisted of a great deal of raw and cooked veggies and this has caused ibs for me too. my doctor suggested plenty of water and miralax daily. this has really helped me to stay on my food plan and ease my ibs
  • lururu
    lururu Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Just found this link, maybe it will help?

http://www.ibs-life.com/diet-for-ibs.html

I can get some tips for my Mum too as she suffers from IBS :)
  • Kougra
    Kougra Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I have Crohn's Disease. What I find helps, is little meals thru out the day. Stay away from red meat, glutenous foods. Yogurt, grilled chicken, salads made out of greens without using iceberg lettuce. Iceberg lettuce is hard on the digestive tract. Tofu with some stir fry is good. I have a whole lot of recipes if you would like. I now take some herbal supplements and an enzyme which has helped me alot! I have been dealing with Crohn's for 14 years. Good luck!
  • traceycrapper
    traceycrapper Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    great thanks for that everyone i have some good ideas
  • cherrikim
    cherrikim Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    That's a tuff one. I tend to eat more fish/seafood & beans. I try to eat my fruit, veges & drink a lot of water. Try to get as much fiber as you can & my doctor has me taking Metamucil 2 to 3 times a day for the Psyllium Fiber. If you have a lot of stress or nervousness try to minimize that as well. Just being rushed or in a hurry all the time can cause it to flare up. There are a few websites regarding this topic just google IBS.