Hrm and volleyball, ideas?

Krohnie
Krohnie Posts: 286 Member
edited October 4 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm so in love with my garmin gps/hrm. I know that mfp calorie counts are high compared to my hrm. I started playing in a sand volleyball league, it's pretty competitive and I'm dying to know an actual calorie burn. I can't wear my watch and play, that would be a disaster. I can't put it in my pocket, cause I'll dive on it. Any ideas how to make it work?

Replies

• robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    around your ankle?

if you have a chest strap, can you wrap the watchband around the chest strap, like at your shoulder blade or something, it would be out of harm's way there...
  • kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 203 Member
    What about wearing it for a short period of time in your pocket during a pre-game or practice or a warm up. just to get a 10min -20min reading then just multiplying that number by how long you play.

I am sure you will most likely play harder during a real game but at least you get an idea...

BTW: soooo love volleyball (my daughter plays) ...I wish I was A) taller and B) knew how to play for real!

Enjoy the game
  • CTBEINS
    CTBEINS Posts: 4 Member
    Wearing your watch isn't the worse idea in the world as long as its not to large. There is no ball that you should be playing that far down on your arm anyway. Just avoiding netting to badly so as to prevent trapped tuna syndrome.
This discussion has been closed.