Yucky people

Options
mleoni092708
mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
I had 2 incidents today that totally grossed me out. Is it me or are people just weird/gross?

Ok, so at the gym getting dressed, lady comes in to go to the bathroom. Didn't see her, just noticed someone had come in. I then went by the sinks to put on my HRM and wasn't paying attention. Then realized that 1. the woman was gone and hadn't washed her hands, and 2. had not even tried to flush the toilet. WTH??? So i went into germaphobic shock thinking, ew this person is out there and touching the machines! AAACCCKKK

Then I get back to work and try to go to the ladies room, and there's a woman in there, just hanging out talking on her phone headset by the sinks. Our bathroom is gross and smelly. Why would anyone hang out in there for any reason? I could find a million other places to make a private phone call.

And don't even get me started about the lady I work with who doesn't wash her hands in the bathroom and then always wants to borrow my pen....I'm not really a germaphobe but this stuff is appalling to me.

Replies

• iNkedFiTmama
    iNkedFiTmama Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I saw someone coughing up crap into a napkin on the elliptical the other day.. then I proceeded to watch her go around and work out while not wiping off the machine.. Gag me! I'm not a germaphobe either but sometimes these things make me feel sick to my stomach to think about.
  • sailin4her
    sailin4her Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    yeah that would gross me out too!!! we have this one guy on the ship that does not wash his hands then wants to shake everyones hands all day
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    :sick: Oh my gosh! This is so disgusting! I am not a germaphobe either, but YUCK! I wash my hands SO Much that they dry out and I hace to constantly be putting lotion on them! What is wrong with people! SO SICK! :grumble:
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Did you hear woman #1 use the toilet? :) I've been known to step into a stall to adjust my clothes, etc.....wouldn't necessarily flush and wash my hands in those situations lol

haha, i do get you though. i gross out about people not washing their hands....ewwwww
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Funniest thing I ever saw at the gym was a total germophobe wearing rubber gloves and shoes (and nothing else) going around with a can of lysol spraying handles, the toilet seat, and various other surfaces. She then proceeded to sit down bare butt naked on a bench (which she had NOT sanitized). Makes me wonder what SHE'S doing at the gym that gives her the need to do this.
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I have seen this before too. It drives me nuts. I so carefully wash my hands and dry then not use my hands on the bathroom doors. I watched a walmart cashier come out of the stall, not wash her hands, go right out the door and back to work. All I could think about was all the money and product she would be touching. agghhhhhhhhhhhh:explode:
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Ugh I noticed that a gal at the gym that was in the stall for a while and then went to "wash her hands" and by that I mean she did a quick 2 second rinse, no soap, probably didn't even get her entire hands wet.

Gag.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    It can be really disgusting what some people do. I ended up wiping down the machines before and after my workouts...because some people are just that gross!
  • melirod8138
    melirod8138 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I can totally understand where you are coming from on the "germ" thing,, I truly believe, that people don't get that they are a magnet for "germs" and will/ can pass it on..
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    It's amazing to me how few women wash their hands. I can see your shoes, you big gross non-handwasher! Trust me when I say that I am judging you for this.
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Funniest thing I ever saw at the gym was a total germophobe wearing rubber gloves and shoes (and nothing else) going around with a can of lysol spraying handles, the toilet seat, and various other surfaces. She then proceeded to sit down bare butt naked on a bench (which she had NOT sanitized). Makes me wonder what SHE'S doing at the gym that gives her the need to do this.

Ha! How weird! But seriously, can that lady come to my gym and lysol everything?
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    i was in the bathroom the other day and a woman brought her child in. neither of them washed their hands before they left. :grumble:
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Our medical director (MD) would never wash her hands when in the bathroom - I thought of all people, she would understand the need to wash after using the toilet.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    When I'm on the bike, i end up sweating and dripping like crazy. So, when I'm done, i wipe it down. I feel like i'm being watched, and it looks nasty wiping the machine down. Then i stop and think "I'm actually doing the RIGHT thing here!".

Just odd i feel "bad" wiping my sweat off the machine....
  • sallywilson06
    sallywilson06 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    A similar thing happened to me just yesterday when I went to the Grocery store and before I started my shopping I had to use the ladies room. While I am at the sink washing my hands I see an older lady walk out of the handicap stall past the sink straight to the door. Now I am drying my hands off with the wall dryer which takes forever.. and I see another woman walk right past the sink to the door.. I'm thinking to myself.. how gross and now I know why you should always wash your food before consuming... Sick!
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I used to only clean the machines after I used them...Now i will be cleaning them before too!

I am all over my 3 year old daughter about washing her hands. I am not raising a non hand washing yucky person!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i always ask my boys if they have washed their hands after being in the restroom. eight times out of ten, they have to go back and do. *shakes head* i hope they grow out of it and don't become a part of the yucky people. :)
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Wow! This thread makes me think about how germy my siblings and I were growing up. We didn't have indoor plumbing and we would go from using the outhouse to playing anywhere and everywhere and never gave a thought about washing our hands after leaving the outhouse. We hardly ever got sick though so I guess we were too gross even for the germs to stick around.
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Gross!

I HATE when people don't wipe down the machine after they use it, but here is what I now hate even more:

So I'm on the treadmill, people watching, when I see a man get off of his elliptical, walk over to the DIRTY towel basket, wipe HIMSELF off and then wipe the MACHINE off with the same nasty towel that who know what/who has been wiping!! I could not believe my eyes!! :noway: :sick:
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I doused my face in hand sanitizer at the grocery store last week after a woman walked around a croner and hacked up a lung on my face (loogie particles.....on my FACE) she didn't apologize or anything! Go figure, i got sick.