2»

Replies

• jessicabowman
    Options
    My husband and I eat our workout calories
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I eat my exercise calories back. Each and every one of them. And they taste gooooood too!

MFP already gives you a deficit required to lose weight in your daily calorie allowance, if you then workout and burn a couple of hundred calories, then you're creating too big a deficit - I workout hard, I run hard, I lift heavy, I need to fuel my body and replenish myself.

But, thats just my opinion!
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Also, i was telling my doctor about this site and how fab it is, and she told me not to eat back my cals...I completely understand why you should so why is she telling me not to?!

Did you tell her that MFP already builds in your calorie deficit through diet alone? A lot of other sites will give you a calorie goal that already takes into account your "PLANNED" exercise. I use quotes because it's not precise - you might tell the website that you work out 6 days a week, but maybe life happens and you only get to the gym three times this week. The website still thinks you worked out 6 times though - and now you've eaten too much for your ACTUAL activity level. MFP gives you a deficit through diet alone, and THEN credits your ACTUAL exercise when you log it.
  • gemswillsucceed
    gemswillsucceed Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Also, i was telling my doctor about this site and how fab it is, and she told me not to eat back my cals...I completely understand why you should so why is she telling me not to?!

Did you tell her that MFP already builds in your calorie deficit through diet alone? A lot of other sites will give you a calorie goal that already takes into account your "PLANNED" exercise. I use quotes because it's not precise - you might tell the website that you work out 6 days a week, but maybe life happens and you only get to the gym three times this week. The website still thinks you worked out 6 times though - and now you've eaten too much for your ACTUAL activity level. MFP gives you a deficit through diet alone, and THEN credits your ACTUAL exercise when you log it.

Thank you - Not i hadnt told her that but I will be this week :-)