Protein Bars

Options
Do y'all eat protein bars? What are you favorite kinds? I'm curious because I know pretty much everyone I've ever seen has more sugar than it does protein and that ain't cool.

Replies

• 3cmomma
    3cmomma Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I make my own :)
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I have a luna protein bar in a pinch - they are 12 grams of protein and 13 grams of sugar. They taste....ok. mint chocolate and cookie dough are hte best, the plain chocolate is not very good. I prefer to eat real food but these are a handy snack.
  • chickenpoppa
    chickenpoppa Posts: 207 Member
    Options

i want to try this:-)
  • jojonesnz
    jojonesnz Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    i eat a couple of the atkins range bars, purely because my workmate is on the atkins diet and buys them in bulk. I have a massive sweet tooth and seeing as sugar is translated into carbs im assuming the atkins bars are lower in sugar than other bars on the market. i have to admit i haven't looked at the sugar content though lol
    If they are not they are yummy and less calories than a chocolate bar so im all for them:smile:
    the two i eat are like a picnic bar and a snickers bar

3926322.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • jojonesnz
    jojonesnz Posts: 107 Member
    Options

i have been thinking of trying to make my own:wink: any delicious recipes you would like to share?

3926322.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • makeupjunkie624
    Options
    I eat the Slim Fast meal bars and Luna protein bars for my lunches. They help me feel full for a while (until I want a snack later in the day) and are fairly healthy. :)
  • Jalachri
    Options
    I love fiber one bars. So fulfilling :) make your tummy twist and turn the first week but then your body gets used to them haha
  • lglg11
    lglg11 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I like pure protein bars . Im going by memory but I think its 23 grams of protein , like 3 grams of carbs and 2 grams of sugar .
    Its the lowest sugar bar that I know of thats good :)
  • midmomike2
    Options
    I like the detour brand, most flavors have 3-5 grams of sugar w/ 30 grams protein. I have also tried the muscletech nitro-tech hardcore bar. It has only 1 gram of sugar w/ 30 grams protein but doesn't taste as well.
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I like pure protein bars . Im going by memory but I think its 23 grams of protein , like 3 grams of carbs and 2 grams of sugar .
    Its the lowest sugar bar that I know of thats good :)

I eat these too, and they are pretty tasty.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I just got done with a Supreme Protein carb conscious caramel chocolate nut bar (tastes like a snickers if you ask me). I like this brand, but also enjoy pure protein, power crunch, and elite gourmet-i haven't foind one with more than 9g sugar (the one i just had was 96g and only had 4 g sugar-LOVE IT)

I just hold it to a rule-if it's got more than 9 g of sugar it's candy. Then i buy a few indivudual bars to see which flavors/brands i like the best before i buy a box.
  • starwhisperer
    Options
    I eat zone bars when I need to hurry out the door in the morning. Very tasty.
  • snowstorme
    snowstorme Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My main ones are medifast. Very expensive but very worth it. I also have an atkins now and then. The advantage and daybreak aren't to bad sugarwise, but can be highish in fat. The hazelnut is very good, Sam's club is so evil:) For my kids I get chocolite protein bars - 95-100 calories,6fat/9gr prot /1gr sugar , Detour lean muscle protein bars - 32g prot/2g sugar/9gr fat - 190cals and various atkins.