MFP is my new Facebook!

Options
Hi everyone!

So this is Round 2 of attempting to stay on track in getting healthy with the help of MFP! I signed up a few months ago on here but never really did anything about it. I've had my good days and I've had my bad days but NOW is the time to stay on track.

It finally hit me how unhealthy I've been (I'm 26, 4'10" and weigh 149lbs.) and it hit me even more when I see my hubby struggling with his weight. He is 26, 5'8" and 260 lbs. It's taken a huge toll on our family especially now that our baby girl who is 14 months is WALKING! We just cannot keep up with her.

Anyway, we've finally went grocery shopping and I've gotten my hubby to exercise for the first time last night so we're off to a good start! Probably not a wise decision but I was able to walk 5.5 miles this past Saturday! So sore but I feel great! It was my first time in a long time to exercise! We are so DETERMINED! :smile:

I've found myself signed on to MFP more than FB. IMuch more useful to life, for sure! =)

Can't wait to share our progress as a family!

Our inspiration! :heart:

211p40n.jpg

Replies

• H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    good luck to you and your hubby. I recommend reading, and performing the exercise, in my will power blog below to help with the mental part of this journey.
  • jewls1969
    Options
    I was just sitting here thinking the same thing..I just need more friends!!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. It's great you've got your husband on-board too.

I love MFP and affectionately refer to it as "Facebook for Fatties" when trying to explain to outsiders.

This is a great place for support and keeping you on the straight and narrow :happy:
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Your daughter is BEAUTIFUL! She's so lucky to have such loving and dedicated parents. You can do this!
    I know, I am addicted to this site!!
    And I could always use more friends :D
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    Good luck to the both of you. I sign on here more than facebook as well.
  • geeksrule
    geeksrule Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    So true - I'm here more than FB!!! So much more motivating!! Add me as a friend if you'd like!!
  • janessac
    Options
    Good luck, I'm sure you and your husband will do great, and you'll both be running with your adorable little girl in no time! You can add me if you like, for extra support =)
  • BrandoManDinga
    Options
    Hey I'm new! Hard to go about friending people on this site...I'm the first of all of my circles! If anyone is around the Seattle area and wants to chat, send me a message! I need the tough love to keep the goal coming. Thanks!
  • annetteslackmoehrle
    Options
    Welcome! I'm on here more than FB too and enjoy being surrounded by others who have the same mindset I do - get healthy! I've found so much motivation here and you will too.:happy:
  • MrsNoir
    MrsNoir Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    lol.. I agree.. I've noticed it as well.. Facebook is stopping to work, at first was fun, but now it's getting very boring. It's better in here to read things and opinions of people who are on the same boat.. such as get fit! and congratulations, your girl is gorgeous. :D