I hit my Goal weight and maintaining is my goal :smile:

Options
I reached my goal weight this past week! To celebrate I bought a new pair of jeans size 8.

I am 65 years old with bad knees therefore I am unable to use machines for common exercises. I have my own routine of exercises that I do twice a day that are low impact. Sadly, they aren't in the tools used here so it's more hit and miss.

These past few days I have been adding and subtracting foods to maintain my current weight. Any suggestions?
I will continue to use this board to monitor my weight and read all the great tips posted here. This community been a great help and encouragement. Thank you all.

Replies

• patr
    patr Posts: 19
    Options
    I reached my goal weight this past week! To celebrate I bought a new pair of jeans size 8.

I am 65 years old with bad knees therefore I am unable to use machines for common exercises. I have my own routine of exercises that I do twice a day that are low impact. Sadly, they aren't in the tools used here so it's more hit and miss.

These past few days I have been adding and subtracting foods to maintain my current weight. Any suggestions?
    I will continue to use this board to monitor my weight and read all the great tips posted here. This community been a great help and encouragement. Thank you all.
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    WOO HOO that is great! I can't wait to buy my new jeans when I hit my goal weight....or if I am lucky a bathing suit. I made it all summer (07) without putting one on!!!

dd:bigsmile:
  • Skinny_to_be
    Options
    WAY TO GO! You're an inspiration
  • erin83070
    erin83070 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That is wonderful news!! :flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    YAY! I am happy for you! That must be a great feeling! I hope I will be there soon! :flowerforyou:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    You do know that if you go into settings there's a maintaining section you can choose and they it tells you exactly how many calories you can have to maintain your weight. NOt sure if you knew this and whated to make sure you did cause it will be easier to use that instead of guessing:smile:
    Congrats on your loss:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • deanna72777
    Options
    Congradulations! I just started my journey last week and can't wait until I can post that I hit my goal weight. Keep up the good work. :flowerforyou:
  • patr
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone! :happy:

We live a fairly reclusive life due to both of us being disabled, it also led to too many calories. This journey has been very short for me due to health issues. My doctor says I am doing fine and eating low fat, healthy foods will remain a part of my life.

I have never felt better, my confidence is over the top and I know with time, encouragement and whatever exercises you can manage you will succeed.

I will continue to read and monitor my weight and read this board for helpful tips.
    You are a great group of people.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Congradulation, way to make it work. I cna't wait to get to my goal weight, or even somewhere close.
  • 2kidsandadog
    2kidsandadog Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    congratulations:happy:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Fantastic:smile:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: That's FANTABULOUS!!!!!:bigsmile:

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • jilly30
    jilly30 Posts: 43
    Options
    That's GREAT!!! Congrats:wink:
  • patr
    Options
    "You do know that if you go into settings there's a maintaining section you can choose and they it tells you exactly how many calories you can have to maintain your weight. NOt sure if you knew this and whated to make sure you did cause it will be easier to use that instead of guessing."

Thanks very much!:happy:
  • PattyH
    PattyH Posts: 34
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!! :happy: :drinker:

You're an inspiration to us all!! :smile:

I've got a long road ahead of me to get to my goal, but going to do it one small goal (Valentine's day challenge right now) at a time!! Thanks to God, MFP and people like you I know I can do it!!

Congratulations and Good Luck Maintaining!! :flowerforyou:
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Yay for you!!!

Have a great day!!!
    Angela :flowerforyou: