Elliptical Machines and Dead Feet

Options
2»

Replies

• Runner_mick
    Runner_mick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I hate using the elliptical for this very reason!
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    This is the reason I avoid the elliptical and hit the rowing machine instead
  • MJHdG
    MJHdG Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I asked my trained about it and she gave me a very long answer about the circulation blah blah blah. (wish I could remember). Basically, it should help to reposition your feet every few min. Ellipticals are particularly bad about causing this problem. Switching to reverse should change the movement of the foot and help prevent the circulation problem. She also suggested proping your toes up on the front rim for a few min to help blood flow. hth!

Same problem, same answer from the doctors and now I can go for 1 hour without probles, just change direction every 10 min for 1 min and focus on having "active feet"
    Good Luck
  • Legalchica
    Options
    not since i started using my vibrams and staying on my toes ;)
  • Emwalker3406
    Emwalker3406 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    My husband had the same issue and kept getting blown off then he read some where about someone else having the same issue. It turns out it had to do with a shortening of the achilles tendon. He started doing stretching and strengthening exercises for it and it has greatly improved. Best of luck
  • rydn4h2o
    rydn4h2o Posts: 255
    Options
    thank for the great suggestions, I've had this problem also!
  • katemiddletonisawesome
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone for the great feedback - I'll be sure to try some of these suggestions today!