Low-Carb diets?

2»

Replies

• CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Rather than cutting carbs that drastically, you might want to think about just eating cleaner carbs like lots of veggies and fruits and whole grains like oatmeal. Just avoid the processed carbs and processed sugary foods. Good Luck!!

Why? If she wants to cut carbs she can cut them. I agree 20g a day is REALLY low, but under 50g is completely manageable. This allows fruits and veggies. You don't need to eat whole grains to be healthy. Protein, fruits and veggies make a perfectly balanced diet.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    I feel best eating low carb and 20g a day is very do-able. Give it a try, no harm in that :smile: Add me if you'd like to check out my diary.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    I have had great success on low carb diets. You may want to look for some more guidance that just picking the number you want to have to ensure you are eating the right combinations of foods. You should be able to find some plans online or you could reach out to some on this post who eat low carb to get some advice. You want to ensure your other macros are good, and you may need to up the fats in your diet as well.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    You may want to look for some more guidance that just picking the number you want
    Yep...don't do the diet until you've done the research!