sick?

Options
the past couple days i've had an itchy throat and runny nose. i skipped the gym yesterday because i didn't feel well. should i skip again today? on one hand i want to go to the gym because i hate skipping exercise, but on the other hand... will my cold get worse if i don't take it easy?? i'm torn... any insights?

Replies

• quinnybear
    Options
    the past couple days i've had an itchy throat and runny nose. i skipped the gym yesterday because i didn't feel well. should i skip again today? on one hand i want to go to the gym because i hate skipping exercise, but on the other hand... will my cold get worse if i don't take it easy?? i'm torn... any insights?
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    if ur really really bad, take a break. if u feel like you can go, then go. working out will make u feel better. sweat it out. besides, if ur just catching something, u may be out for a few days, better to work when u still can.
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    How about - go but do something easier...like walking. It will be good for you to exercise, but just don't overdo it! And FEEL BETTER!!! :flowerforyou:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I don't get sick often but when I do I always let my body rest. For me I feel like it needs that more than a workout.
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I'm sick. I went to the gym today. Feel okay. See how your body feels. Don't do more than what your body wants to do.
  • fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm probably the last person that should answer this because my water broke with my 6th child on the elliptical, and I wouldn't get off because I still had 4.5 minutes left to go, but if it's just a cold you have I wouldn't skip, you seem unsure if you should go or not, so i'm thinking you're not hugging the toilet kinda sick, I would go, maybe take a class...yoga, cardio dance, something not too hard core, and see how your body does, just be sure that your drinking more than ever right now.
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I'm probably the last person that should answer this because my water broke with my 6th child on the elliptical, and I wouldn't get off because I still had 4.5 minutes left to go, but if it's just a cold you have I wouldn't skip, you seem unsure if you should go or not, so i'm thinking you're not hugging the toilet kinda sick, I would go, maybe take a class...yoga, cardio dance, something not too hard core, and see how your body does, just be sure that your drinking more than ever right now.

LOL....my water broke with my 1st and I wouldn't go because we weren't done with the barbecue!!! Priorities!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    most advice I have read is keep going with your activity if you can...just watch spreading it to those you get near.....the truth is for acold/flu....resting doesnt help....it will run its course and working out will help not hurt
  • mburris
    mburris Posts: 55
    Options
    I was sick last week. I took off a couple days until I could get my strength up. I live in the South and the changes in temp these last couple weeks has been hard on the sinuses. Feel better:flowerforyou:
  • fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options

LOL....my water broke with my 1st and I wouldn't go because we weren't done with the barbecue!!! Priorities!

lmao....I wouldn't leave a bbq either, I made my hubby bring in my crockpot with a chili I had made with baby number 4 and the staff and the doc had a 2 am snack in my room, no way was I not having any!