Donuts are BAD!

My husband was so sweet this morning and brought me a dozen donut holes. Of course I shoved them down as quickly as possible on my way to work. Little did I know 12 small donut holes were like 600 calories. Ugh I just blew most of my calories for the day. I swear I had no idea. :mad:

Replies

• My husband was so sweet this morning and brought me a dozen donut holes. Of course I shoved them down as quickly as possible on my way to work. Little did I know 12 small donut holes were like 600 calories. Ugh I just blew most of my calories for the day. I swear I had no idea. :mad:
  • erin83070
    erin83070 Posts: 78 Member
    Yes! I found out the hard way on Saturday! I ate 6, the brand that is popular where I live are Timbits and just those were over 400 cal.
  • walnut
    walnut Posts: 216 Member
    Yum, donuts... that is so easy to do! I think we have all been there.

Be careful not to restrict your calories so much for the rest of the day that you feel hungry and deprived... this can have the opposite effect by driving you to eat more. I was once given the advice that it is better to go over your calories for the day by sticking to whole, healthy meals than to try not to eat much else and risk overeating later... in my experience I have definitely found this to be true.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Boo Boos happen, :ohwell:
    So you now know, and tomarrow you will be doing better. :happy:
    Sometimes guys do not get the watching what you eat thing, But this is not thir fault, A few work outs at the gym and they are all good. :grumble:
    The other problem that you had was you "SHOVED" them.
    If your dear husband brings you more again, After all, lets face it girls, V-Day is coming, and more often then not this involes the dreaded scurge of all women the world over....Chocolate. Ooooooo :tongue: But in general I think it is a good idea that we learn from these days, and try to learn to eat slower.
    Food is sopposed to be an enjoyment of the palate. Not a thing that you barely remember...Well other then adding up the calories later. But if you can take the time to THINK about what you are eating, what it tastes like, what the texture is, is it sweet or bitter, things like that. your tummy will regester full sooner and you will not eat near as much.
    Well at least it works for me. :flowerforyou:
    --Diann...
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    I also heard they take a LONG time to digest....anyway don't feel bad just take the next step forward...we all have done it!!!

dd
  • BUNNYB
    BUNNYB Posts: 91
    WATER WATER WATER +++++
    :flowerforyou:
  • Kymwho
    Kymwho Posts: 183 Member
    Oh I feel your pain! My hubby brought home hot wings yesterday!! Along with fried mushroooms,
    french fries and that darn blue chees dip! :mad: So yeah, I guess you could say I had a break-down
    as well. :sad: So, the 5lbs that I have lost since starting on wed is now back on me this AM.
    :noway: Crazy right!!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    The Rach has signed a deal with Dunkin' Donuts to help create better-for-you options at the donut chain.... Copy & Paste the link to read more....

http://www.hungry-girl.com/news/newsdetails.php?isid=1081

Having one of these as a treat is OK.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Yeah, I work at a place where 3 of us are together in a small room, and one girl brings donuts at least twice a week. I'm really starting to hate her.

I use to work at a place making donuts. They were so good hot out of the grease. They were so hard to say "no" to, but I actually lost weight when I worked there.